Lentil Sweet Potato Salad with Green Sauce is packed with nutrition and taste. Its easy, quick and yet protein rich with balanced nutrients.
It is true that I love salads.
I get equally excited with different variety of salad recipes, as I would by seeing a rich decadent dessert or a nice aromatic entree.
Salads aren’t punishments and can be enjoyed with an open mind.
I also like to add varied different ingredients to my salads and create delicious unique dressings to make my salads even more interesting.
Few years back when I included salads into my diet, I realized that if these fresh and raw ingredients, when treated with love, can provide immense flavor and satisfaction to your taste buds along with fiber and the much required health.
My idea for salads is a combination of protein, complex carbohydrates and good fats, lots of fiber, some greens definitely and some more colorful ingredients because I really like the saying that “food should be colorful”.
With house renovation going……I decided to fix this quick 15 minutes Lentil Sweet Potato Salad with Green Sauce.
I had no intention to go to the store for any exotic ingredients this time. At the same time I wanted to use mostly the leftovers for my lunch. Yet, i wanted something healthy and filling so I grabbed leftover boiled lentils from my refrigerator.
I had boiled some extra sweet potatoes in the hope that my little one would eat. But it came handy for my salad and to add little more color to it I used shredded purple cabbage and few cherry tomatoes.
Ingredients for Lentil Sweet Potato Salad with Green Sauce
I am genuinely fond of baby spinach. So I always like to keep a bag of these green beauties in my veggie section of the refrigerator.
How to make this Lentil Sweet Potato Salad with Green Sauce
- Firstly, I blended the green sauce ingredients quickly in about 5 minutes or so.
- Next, in a salad bowl, I simply combined all the salad ingredients.
- Then, I tossed them in this delicious creamy green sauce and devoured it immensely.
The leftovers were used for my lunch again the next day.
This salad is easy. This green sauce dressing can be made ahead of time and stored in a glass container in the refrigerator for almost 5-6 days.
You may also like:
Vegan Papaya Black Beans Salad
Vegan Chopped Salad with Chickpea Sour Cream Dressing
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Lentil Sweet Potato Salad with Green Sauce
For the dressing
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/8 cup dairy free milk
For the salad
- 2 cups green lentils (cooked and drained)
- 1 cup chopped sweet potatoes (boiled)
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- In a blender combine all the dressing ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a salad bowl combine all the salad ingredients.
- Toss in the dressing and garnish with more cashew nuts.
- Serve immediately.
- If desired you may add more spinach leaves to the salad ingredients.
- Any milk of your choice can be used dairy free or regular.
- Measure the lentils after boiling and draining.
- The dressing for this salad can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for 5-6 days in an air tight container.
This salad looks really good, thank you for sharing this recipe! I love trying new recipes that I know my family will love!
Portia @ Obsessed by Portia says
This looks so good! Pinning for dinner!
YUM! This looks so delicious! I love lentils. 😀
Amanda – thefashiontofollow.com
YUM! That looks delicious!
This sounds incredible. I am a huge salad lover. Your green sauce sounds divine, and I can’t wait to try this recipe. Thank you!
I love lentils never thought to put them in a salad. Looks delicious
YUM! What a delicious salad! I really want to give that dressing a try!
Chrissa - Physical Kitchness says
Mmmm this looks like a salad that would power me through the day for sure!
This salad looks so delicious!! Such a pretty salad 🙂
this sauce looks amazing! I want to eat it with a spoon!!
Thank you Chanel.