This Kidney Beans Salad with Parsley Macadamia Dressing is well flavored and high in protein satisfying meal. its healthy, nutritious and delicious in every bite.
Oooo! I am so excited to come up with this protein rich salad recipe. In my endeavor to include more protein into my diet this salad was a boon to my tummy.
I wanted to make a quick salad but with exotic flavors so I can crave for salads always. At the same time I wanted to use the ingredients that I had at home because I wanted this salad to fall in everybody’s budget. Also, I had this idea to improve their health by eating healthy.
I usually have macadamia nuts in my kitchen pantry and it’s easily available in any local store and Costco has them in abundance. 🙂
How to make Parsley Macadamia Dressing
- To make it interesting and appealing for my family I blended fresh parsley which gave this salad dressing a raw and strong herb flavor.
- Then, I seasoned it with one of my favorite Cajun spice blend which softened the flavor and yet made this dressing a complete fusion.
- Next, I added some crushed black pepper and little more salt to taste.
- Lastly, I added little water to give this dressing a smooth and light texture instead of making it a heavy creamy texture.
Within minutes Parsley Macadamia Dressing was ready.
while I was putting the salad ingredients together in a bowl my fingers and taste buds played hide and seek ….. I couldn’t stop licking this luscious dressing.
For a variation, I also like this recipe from CookieandKate
How to assemble Kidney Beans Salad with Parsley Macadamia Dressing
In a bowl I arranged the salad ingredients along with boiled kidney beans and tossed in the dressing. In about 12 minutes Kidney Beans Salad with Parsley Macadamia Dressing was ready.
This hearty salad has become my favorite lunch in this somewhat warm weather when I don’t want to stand in front of the stove for any stretch of time.
The dressing can be made way ahead and refrigerated in a glass container for 2-3 days which makes my lunch even easier.
Try this salad and don’t forget to squeeze little lime juice to make this salad a medley of flavors and deliciously zesty 🙂
You may also like:
- Kidney Beans in Peanut Parsley Sauce
- Kidney Beans Salad with Cheesy Avocado Dressing
- Vegan Kidney Beans Spinach Masala
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition you mat tag @kiipfit on Instagram with you recipe picture because we would love to see what you cooked.
Kidney Beans Salad with Parsley Macadamia Salad
For the dressing
For the salad
- 2 cups 2 cups boiled kidney beans or 1 15oz canned kidney beans [drained]
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- In a food processor/blender combine all the ingredients for the dressing (except salt) and blend it as smooth as possible. Pour the dressing in a glass bowl/jar and mix salt in it.
- In a mixing bowl combine the salad ingredients.
- Now add the dressing to the salad and toss it very well.
- Lastly, add lime juice and enjoy.
- Feel free to adjust the lime juice according to your taste.
- If you like your salad to be a little more spicy add another ½ tsp of black pepper.
- If you use unsalted macadamia nuts you may have to adjust the salt according to your taste and add a little more salt in your salad in the last step after squeezing lime juice.
- Red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes and broccoli slaw also goes well with kidney beans salad.