This Kidney Beans in Peanut Parsley Sauce is high in protein and nutritious family meal. This entree pairs well with steamed rice/brown rice/quinoa. Its a complete, wholesome and flavorsome 20 minute meal.
It is one of my unique creation with outstanding combination of ingredients.
It is super flavorful and an absolute pleasure to the taste buds. High in protein and nutritious this entrée is loved by all my family members immensely. Even the leftovers of this entree tastes amazing when paired with brown rice/quinoa.
I am fond of kidney beans. Therefore I am always trying to come up with some twist and a variety of recipes that includes kidney beans as the main ingredient.
This legume is extremely nutritious and desirable for plant based diet. Being high in protein and low in carbohydrate kidney beans is one of the most versatile legumes.
It can be enjoyed in salad, burger or as an entree. All in all this legume will always satisfy your taste buds and is filling at the same time.
How to make Kidney Beans in Peanut Parsley Sauce
- For this I made a smooth paste of raw peanuts, dry red chilies, unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack), maple syrup and few drops of lemon juice.
- In my next step I heated some oil in a pan and sauteed onions and red bell peppers in it.
- Thereafter, I folded in the peanut sauce to the entree. Afterwards tossed in some fresh parsley to it.
- Lastly, I added boiled kidney beans and seasoned it with salt.
It’s quick….isn’t it? Yes, it’s quick, easy and delectable.
The beautiful medley of colors in this entree simply attracted us towards it with utmost desire.
Kidney Beans in Peanut Parsley Sauce tasted amazing in every bite. So satisfying and filling this entree is absolutely delicious.
It’s a beautiful dish with a unique combination of ingredients.
Well, who doesn’t like peanut sauce? I am crazy about it!!!!! Also I am sure you all must be drooling by now especially with the idea of peanut sauce flavored with fresh parsley.
I would highly recommend you to get started and make this 20 minutes entree right away…………because……..you don’t wanna miss on extreme deliciousness!!!!!
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Kidney Beans in Peanut Parsley Sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted raw peanuts (with/without skin)
- 2 whole dry red chilies (broken)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 15 oz can of kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- Salt as per taste
- In a blender combine peanuts, dry red chilies, coconut milk, maple syrup and lemon juice. Blend it smooth and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a wok/pan and saute onion for 30 seconds or until onions softens.
- Add red bell pepper and saute again for 30 seconds.
- Pour the peanut sauce and stir. Let it cook until first boil and add water to it. Stir again and cook covered on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add parsley and stir well. Cook again for 30 seconds.
- Add kidney beans and salt and mix very well.
- Cook again for couple of minutes and turn off the flame.
- Garnish with some more crushed peanuts and fresh parsley.
- Serve it warm with quinoa/brown rice.
- Instead of plain water kidney beans water can also be used.
- If desired brown sugar can also be used instead of maple syrup.
- I used skinned peanuts which enhances the taste of this recipe but feel free to use peanuts without skin. Just make sure it is unsalted and not roasted. Make sure to use raw peanuts.
- If desired you may make this entree oil free by substituting olive oil with vegetable broth.