These soft and chewy Easy Orange Macaroons are made with fresh oranges and coconut. They bake easily and are beautiful to present along with being a healthier option to satisfy your sweet tooth.
I have been trying to create a one-step macaroon recipe for quite some time.
I have been experimenting many recipes and the outcome was not satisfactory.
My daughter was eating oranges one day and it suddenly struck me to bake oranges into macaroons. Again, my only concern was that I wanted to make a one – step macaroon.
So, I decided to take the risk and combined all the ingredients into the food processor and then into the baking pan.
When I took them out of the oven I was surprised by the color and the amazing look of the Easy Orange Macaroons.
When I served them to my family, they loved my recipe and in just 3 days the Easy Orange Macaroons easily vanished 🙂
If you are looking for a variation then I like this recipe from Holy Cow Vegan!
How to make this Easy Orange Macaroons
Firstly, I blended all the ingredients in the blender/food processor.
In my second step, I poured about a for scoopful of the batter in the prepared muffin tray.
Thereafter, I baked them in a preheated oven for about 35 minutes or until done.
Afterwards, I took the tray out and let it cool down completely.
Lastly, we heartily enjoyed this dessert.
These can be refrigerated in an air tight container for about a week.
Frozen grated/shredded coconut works best in this recipe. However, defrost it before using.
The basic difference is ht eingredinets. Macarons are made from almond meal and macaroons are made from coconut.
My other popular dessert recipes are:
Chocolate Orange Ganache Protein Cookies
3 Ingredient Coconut Chia Energy cookies
Vegan Frosted Mango Coconut Cookies
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram with your cooked food photo.
Easy Orange Macaroons
- 2 cups grated/shredded coconut (fresh/frozen)
- 3 small oranges (skin removed)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp flaxseed meal (soaked in 1/2 cup water)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit and prepare the muffin baking tray with liner or grease it with oil.
- Combine all the ingredients in the food processor and process for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- With an ice cream scoop spoon the batter into the muffin tray and bake it for 35 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. The top of the muffin should be golden brown.
- Let it cool down completely and serve.
- I would highly recommend to use liner for the muffin tray to avoid extra consumption of oil and also save extra work of cleaning the tray later.
- If the macaroons are still little extra soft then bake it for another 5 minutes only. Do not bake more than 40 minutes or it will burn. Once cooled these macaroons will firm up.
- I used fresh grated frozen coconut which is unsweetened. In this case make sure to defrost the coconut.
- These macaroons can be stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container for about a week.
- For non-vegan version – use 3 large eggs instead of flaxmeal.
Leave a Reply