This Asian flavored Coconut Sriracha Long Beans are simple to make and mind blowing for the taste buds. Its serves well as a salad or as a side dish.
I love Chinese long beans.
They have simple taste, lots of nutrition, are versatile enough to be sauteed with any spices and serves well as a salad or as an entree and I love them in a stir fry form.
Ingredients for Coconut Sriracha Long Beans
White sesame seeds
Sriracha powder seasoning
Chinese long beans
Unsweetened coconut flakes
This time I tried to create a stir fry salad which can be eaten in a salad form, just as is, or with brown rice if desired. I also used easily available simple ingredients to make it very family friendly 🙂
How to make Coconut Sriracha Long Beans
- For this, I heated some olive oil (you can use sesame oil too).
- Next, I added sesame seeds, raw peanuts (my favorite nut).
- Then, I seasoned it with Sirracha powder mix (my new invention which I feel is better than the sauce and more versatile),
- Thereafter, I tossed in Chinese long beans, salt and to add extra flavor.
- Lastly, I finished this dish with coconut flakes.
Well, if anybody would ever ask me to describe this Coconut Sriracha Long Beans in one word – I would say – “Divine”. This nutty flavored mouthwatering entrée came out to be perfect and outstanding.
I would suggest that you immediately browse through the steps and quickly head over to your kitchen. You must devour this dish yourself and don’t forget to describe this dish in just one word in the comments below 🙂
You may also like:
Spicy Cashew Broccoli Stir Fry
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Coconut Sriracha Long Beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup raw peanuts (with skin)
- 1 tsp sriracha powder seasoning
- 4 cups chopped Chinese long beans
- 3/4 tsp salt or as per taste
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Heat oil in a wok/pan, add sesame seeds.
- As soon as the seeds start to crackle add peanuts and roast for 4-5 minutes.
- Add sriracha seasoning powder and mix well.
- As soon as you get the aroma toss in long beans and saute very well.
- Cover and cook until in a medium flame until the raw taste of beans are gone but they are still crunchy. (about 10 minutes).
- Now, remove the lid, add salt and coconut flakes and mix again.
- Cook uncovered for another couple of minutes and turn off.
- Serve with your choice of rice or quinoa.
- Chinese long beans are easily found in any grocery store in fresh produce aisle.
- Raw skinned peanuts are available online. I have provided a link for your reference or you may buy it form my link. Also, its easily available in any Indian store.
Heavenly! I haven’t ever seen long beans at my market, but I grow pole beans and use them in this dish several times throughout the season. It’s fantastic, simple, and surprisingly filling (served over brown rice). I’m making it again tonight!
Thank you Erin for loving this recipe and sharing your feedback 🙂
Everything about this sounds amazing! I LOVE coconut, sriracha, fresh veggies… Gimme! Thanks for the recipe, I totally need to try it.
oh my goodness, my mouth is watering. I would describe this as NEED. As in I need it right now! Thanks for the great recipe. I cannot wait to try cooking with long beans!
Joanie @ ZagLeft says
What a lovely dish, healthy and delicious too. Love the addition of sriracha spice.
This bean recipe looks wonderful, I can’t wait to try it! Thank you for sharing!
Patricia @ Grab a Plate says
Beautiful dish! I’m sure it’s so tasty – love the spicy kick to it! Yum!
Kyla Matton Osborne (#RubyWriter) says
It looks absolutely delicious! Sriracha is a favourite flavour in our house, so I’m pinning the recipe to try sometime soon.
These sound fantastic! I always love a touch of spice with veggies, yum!
These look awesome.. I am always looking for ways to spice up green beans so I may try this with that.. but I need to look for those long beans too!
Let me know how it turned out for you.
I have to make this ASAP. I love anything coconut.
This sounds amazing! I doubt I can find those beans out here int he middle of nowhere, but I bet other kinds work well too! Thanks for sharing!
I have never tried cooking with these long beans before. I can see where they would be versatile and and delicious. Will have to see if I can find some at the local store.
Hi Candy, You can easily find these long beans in Indian store and many a times during summer these Chinese Long beans are available in local American stores as well. You can definitely try whole foods i your locality.