Easy and healthy these One Bowl Vegan Chocolate Baked Oats have amazing chewy texture and satisfying taste. It’s the best family breakfast recipe and our favorite one.
This is a sponsored post but I have tried the product myself and the reviews and opinions are all mine.
I often bake cookies with it and my daughter loves my oatmeal chocolate chips cookies.
Baked oats are a new craze and we are eating it regularly.
Why you will love this
- Delicious chocolate flavor
- Vegan and dairy free plus oil free
- Requires one baking dish
- Pre planning or ahead of time prepping not required
- Simple pantry ingredients
- High in nutrition and protein
I am grateful to moms meet and Gatsby for giving me the opportunity to try their new vegan chocolate candy. Well, chocolates are evergreen treat and finding healthy vegan substitute is quite challenging many times.
I totally love these Almond Dark Chocolate that has 90% less sugar and only 1-2 net grams of carbs. They are low in fat and low in calories too.
The taste is amazing and the chocolate flavor deliciously blends in any recipe. I absolutely loved its prominent chocolate taste without the after taste and has no bitterness as well.
It tastes smooth and not overly sweetened or processed. Its so good and it is the best vegan chocolate that I have tasted so far.
You may buy them directly from Gatsby website or find their store locations I their website. However, they are available in Safeway, Walmart, sprouts.
Gatsby has wide variety of vegan chocolate and I am sure you will love them as much I loved them.
Gatsby has a special offer for my readers. Sign up with Gatsby for a free Gatsby chocolate and test its deliciousness yourself.
Oats – this is the main ingredient and its best to use old fashioned oats for this recipe.
Cocoa powder – any unsweetened cocoa powder works here.
Seeds – they add protein, fiber and healthy fats, thereby, making baked chocolate oats super healthy.
Almond milk – oat milk also works in these baked oats recipe.
Chocolate chips – dairy free mini chocolate chips are my favorite and I use them often in my recipes. Hence, I used them here as well.
Vegan chocolate – I used Gatsby almond dark chocolate here so this recipe has nuts. You may use just vegan dark chocolate or increase chocolate chips in this baked oatmeal recipe so as to make it nut free.
For detailed measurement of ingredients, please scroll down to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to make
Firstly, in the baking dish, I combined oats, baking powder, salt, seeds and cocoa powder. Then, I mixed it well.
Secondly, in the same pan, I added almond milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Then, I stirred it well.
Next, I folded in chocolate chips and chopped vegan chocolate candy bar into it.
Lastly, I topped it with chocolate squares and placed it in the middle rack of the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Thereafter, I turn it off and let it settle in the oven for 1 minute. Then, I took it out and placed it on the flat counter.
Once the bubbles settled down and it was easier to handle I divided the chocolate baked oats into 6 squares with a sharp knife. Then, I served it immediately over cold dairy free milk.
My family instantly loved it so much that I make it on repeat for our breakfast.
These vegan chocolate baked oats can be relished as is or with dairy free milk. It can be paired with berries or any of your favorite fruit. Sometimes, I love to drizzle some peanut butter over it.
This taste brilliant when served immediately. I usually, refrigerate the leftovers in the same baking dish with a lid for about 3-4 days. It is important to warm it before serving.
- After folding in chocolate chips and chopped chocolate into the recipe make sure to toss it well while scooping from the bottom. Everything settles down at the bottom so it’s important to mix well and then garnish and bake.
- Most importantly, mix the dry ingredients well until cocoa powder blends wit oats and seeds. Make sure the chia seeds and hempseeds are well distributed all over the oats for the best final outcome.
Yes! baked oats are healthy breakfast recipe. It’s packed with fiber ad complex carbohydrates. Its easy to bring together. In this recipe I added chia seeds and hempseeds to add protein. So, overall, its s a nutritious and satisfying meal morning meal.
First, it’s not a dessert. Its very different than a cake or a brownie. However, it does have a similar texture like a brownie. These chocolate baked oats are hybrid between porridge and cereal. Moreover its vegan and its supposed to be dense and thick.
Not for this recipe. The baking will make the oats soft and easy to digest. I would insist you to follow the measurements in the recipe diligently.
Pre-heat your oven before you start combing the ingredients of these vegan chocolate baked oats. Then as soon as all the ingredients are well mixed you place the baking dish in the oven. Do not let it sit outside of the oven with all the ingredients mixed in the dish for long.
More breakfast oats recipe
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and make a purchase, I will get a small commission. Moreover, I share only those products which I use personally and love.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. I am very excited to hear back from you.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with a 5-star rating.
In addition, you may checkout my cookbook for everyday comfort vegan recipes.
One Bowl Vegan Chocolate Baked Oats
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hempseeds
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (as per taste)
- 1/4 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips (semi sweet)
- 1/4 cup chopped vegan chocolate (dark style)
- vegan chocolate squares or 2 tbsp dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 350-degree Fahrenheit and prepare an 8-inch square or rectangle baking dish preferably a glass baking dish.
- In the baking dish, combine oats, baking powder, salt, chia seeds, hempseeds and cocoa powder. Mix it well with a spoon.
- In the oats mixture (same baking dish), add almond milk, vanilla extract and 1 tbsp maple syrup. Stir it well with a spoon.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chopped chocolate in it. Stir it very well with a spoon. Taste test it at this point and add another 1 tbsp of maple syrup if required. (Remember that chocolate chips and chopped chocolate are semi sweet and will melt while baking. These baked oats will taste somewhat sweet so add maple syrup accordingly). Top it with individual chocolate squares or 2 tbsp chocolate chips.
- Place the baking pan in the middle rack of preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. Turn it off and let it settle for 2 minutes in the warm oven. Take it out and place it on a flat counter and let the bubbles, if any, calm down. It will firm up as it settles down. Do not let it cool completely. Divide it into 6 squares with a sharp knife. Scoop it with a cake server or any flat spatula and serve it warm over cold dairy free milk with berries of your choice.
- Oat milk can also be used in this recipe.
- I have used almond dark chocolate candy bar here so this recipe has nuts. You may use any vegan chocolate candy bar (dark style) to make it nut free.
- If desired then add ¼ cup + 2 tbsp dairy free chocolate chips instead of chopped chocolate and top it with more 2 tbsp chocolate chips and bake.
- The leftovers can be refrigerated in the same baking dish with a lid for 3-4 days. Make sure to warm it in the microwave for 30-40 seconds before serving.
- These chocolate baked oats taste best when served warm with cold milk.
- This recipe is not very sweet because its not a dessert. It is mildly sweet and very soothing. If you like your baked oats sweeter, feel free to drizzle maple syrup on your slice as per your taste.