This Carrot Bulgur Porridge is loaded with nutrition and flavor. Its chewy texture and the addition of the vegetable makes it healthy and kid friendly.
Cold mornings and healthy warm porridge are my favorite combinations.
I so look forward to my breakfast these days. Healthy ancient grains combined with dairy free milk and sweetened with pure and natural sweetener and topped with fresh fruits.
Wow! My workouts get tough with the imagination and smell of this breakfast.
I love the flavor of Bulgur and its chewy texture gives the porridge a flavor of satisfaction and so much taste.
This nutritious grain tastes like cracked wheat but has more flavor and easy to cook.
What is Bulgur?
Its a traditional wheat grain of Middle Eastern dishes. This grain is high in fiber and protein and low in carb and is filling and very nutritious. Its easy to prepare and provides a chewy texture to any recipe.
One bowl of Carrot Bulgur Porridge is the best after workout breakfast that satisfies you well and keeps you full till afternoon and does not let you crave for unhealthy snacking. 🙂
How to make Carrot Bulgur Porridge
- Firstly, I shredded baby carrots in the food processor.
- Secondly, I heated almond milk in a nonstick pan.
- Thereafter, I added rest of the ingredients in the warm milk except toppings). Then, I stirred and cooked until it thickened.
- Lastly, I turned off the flame and garnished.
We enjoyed it immensely on cold Sunday morning.
You may also like:
Peanut Butter Quinoa Flake Porridge
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Oatmeal Porridge
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Carrot Bulgur Porridge
For the porridge
- 3/4 cups baby carrots
- 3 cups unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp date syrup/maple syrup
- 3/4 cups bulgur
- Pinch of salt
For the toppings
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds/kernels
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- In a food processor grind baby carrots as smooth as possible.
- Heat a nonstick pan and add almond milk to it.
- At the first boil add all the porridge ingredients and cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until bulgur softens and you get the desired thickness.
- Turn off the flame and add the toppings and serve warm.
- Use uncooked bulgur grain in the recipe.
- Any sweetener of your choice can be used but the measurement may vary so add sweetener according to your taste.
- Vanilla extract can also be used instead of vanilla powder in the same measurement. Or if desired you can skip the vanilla altogether.
- Chopped apples instead of pomegranate also taste good with this porridge.
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately.
- I have provided an image of how uncooked bulgur grain looks in the post above for your reference.
Leave a Reply