This satisfying Brown Rice Papaya Salad is simply outstanding and unique. Its simple, easy and has the right combination of fiber, carbohydrate and vitamins.
I was getting winter blues. it was important for me to perk myself up with some colors and flavors that would boost me for the next couple of months until the flowers bloom and the birds start chirping.
I grabbed papaya thinking about its yellow orangish color.
Love this juicy, flavorful and versatile fruit and of course yellow is my favorite color. Papaya suited my mood perfectly.
I had leftover cooked brown rice in my refrigerator and I needed to use it up on time. I simply chopped some onions, colored bell peppers seasoned with some herbs and spices.
Voila!!!! Simple salad with sweet, salty, juicy flavors in every bite along with chewy brown rice brought a smile on my face.
When Rohit took a bite he felt a subtle happiness within himself too. We enjoyed this Brown Rice Papaya Salad joyously.
It was a while since I did any recipe creation with papaya. I saw tons of them loaded in the grocery store so immediately this salad recipe came to my mind.
Even though I wasn’t sure about its combination with brown rice, I knew papaya in itself would tastes great. When I tossed this salad and took a bite it tasted delightful.
This recipe can rejuvenate anybody’s mood at any point of time. This salad also serves well to overcome Monday blues because of its blissful taste.
I am generally fond of brown rice and it’s a healthy substitute for carbohydrates. Hence, whenever I crave for carb I simply toss this Brown Rice Papaya Salad. It not only satisfies my carb cravings but my requirements of fiber, Vitamin C and lots of antioxidants along with being tasteful.
How to make Brow Rice Papaya Salad
This recipe is perfect for my January diet since I have increased my protein and fiber intake this month. With this salad I get some portion of good carbohydrate to balance my nutrition and diet very well without any compromise on taste.
For a foodie like me sometimes it gets so difficult to stay away from all sorts of eating and this is the time when this Brown Rice Papaya Salad comes in handy to satisfy my various food cravings 🙂
You may also like:
Brown Rice Kidney Bean Salad with Coconut Sriracha Dressing
Black Beans and Brown Rice with Garlicky Kale
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave a feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Brown Rice Papaya Salad
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups chopped ripe papaya
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp kala namak (Indian black salt)
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp hopped fresh oregano
- Pinch of dried oregano
- In a salad bowl combine red onion, bell peppers, papaya, brown rice and mix gently.
- Now toss in the rest of the ingredients and serve immediately.
- If not serving immediately don’t mix in the seasoning. Refrigerate the dry salad ingredients. Toss in the seasonings when ready to serve.
- Black salt (kala namak) is easily available in Indian store. If desired Himalayan pink salt can also be substituted.
- Squeeze fresh lemon if possible as this will enhance the fresh taste of the salad.
- Make sure the papaya is ripe and sweet.
- This recipe can be made with left over brown rice or make fresh brown rice but do not add salt while boiling brown rice. If the leftover brown rice has salt in it already then please adjust the salt as per your taste.
I have only had papaya a few times but I really like it. This recipe is unlike anything I have had before but it sounds great.
Kristen Kavan says
I LOVE the way papaya and red onion taste together! IT is a perfect combo of flavors. This looks so delish
Brown rice is so much healthier for a person. Pairing it with papaya makes a light yet filling meal. Great side dish or for a full meal.
I totally agree Candy and this recipe is refreshing too.