This Watermelon Cherry Cooler is hydrating and refreshing when the sun is upon us. Its an easy beverage and a crowd pleaser for all ages.
Summer is upon us and staying hydrated is at the top of the list. Apart from just plain cold water we sometimes desire to drink some special drinks in summer. But at the same time we look for healthy beverages with no added sugar, lots of health and yet beautiful and tempting. 🙂
AAH! It’s not that difficult to find drinks to meet our expectations. However, sometimes those gorgeous drinks carry too many calories and so I came up with this Watermelon Cherry Cooler.
I totally loved this summer cooler in my first attempt. So without further delay decided to share this wonderful beverage with you all for you to enjoy it this summer. It’s easy, healthy and flavorful. 🙂
Ingredients for Watermelon Cherry Cooler
Watermelon is one of the most important hydrating summer fruit and who doesn’t love watermelon but sometimes it gets tough to finish off this huge fruit in time but thankfully we have a solution with Watermelon Cherry Cooler. 🙂
Cherry is also another delicious summer berries with many health benefits. It helps in memory boosting, helps in lowering heart disease risk, it has some arthritis benefits and many more. I simply love cherries just as a fruit. I keep popping them in my mouth every few hours until I am able to empty the cherry bag in just couple of days.
How to make Watermelon Cherry Cooler
This time I saved some cherries. Some extra watermelon chunks were sitting in my refrigerator. So , I experimented this recipe by combining watermelon pieces, deseeded cherries, basil and mint leaves, with few drops of citrus. Lastly, poured some cold water and blended smooth.
For presentation, I rubbed the rim of the serving glasses with lime wedges and dipped them into white sugar and dried basil mixture. henceforth, I added lots of ice to the glasses.
Finally, poured this mouthwatering and thirst quenching drink into the glasses. Then topped it with basil and mint leaves along with sliced lime and served chilled.
Watermelon Cherry Cooler brought a smile and lots of joy to my family and induced energy to enjoy the warm weather. 🙂
You may also like my other beverage recipes:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
You may want to explore more delicious recipes via my cookbooks.
Watermelon Cherry Cooler
- 2 cups chopped watermelon
- 1 cup cherries (seeds removed)
- 1 fresh large basil leaf
- 1 fresh mint leaf
- 1/8 tsp lime/lemon juice
- 2 cups cold water
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend it as smooth as possible.
- In a bowl combine sugar and dried basil (in equal proportions) and shake it a little. Rub the serving glasses with the lime wedges and dip the glass into the sugar basil mixture.
- Fill half of the glass with ice and pour the drink into it.Top it with fresh mint and basil leaves and a slice of lime and serve immediately.
- If you plan to make this drink ahead of time then save it in a glass container along with mint and basil leaves and lemon slice in the refrigerator without ice.
- Always rub the rim of the glass before serving and/or pouring the drink into the glass.
- Measure the cherries to 1 cup after removing the seeds.
- If your watermelon is not sweet enough and you don’t plan to rub the rim of the glass then feel free to add little sugar according to taste.