This savory Spicy Strawberry Walnut Dip is a versatile and a unique snack for any get together. Its easy to blend and beautiful to present. Being vegan and gluten free its healthy and is a good source of omega 3.
Fresh juicy, sweet and tangy strawberries cooked in maple syrup, spiced with fresh jalapeno pepper and seasoned with garlic and salt and finally blended with rustic raw walnuts and topped with walnut oil.
I can eat the whole bowl of this Spicy Strawberry Walnut Dip just by itself. When I dipped my favorite almond thins into it my taste buds were in heaven.
In about 10 minutes such a healthy and refreshing appetizer was ready for my short noticed visitors that now I am always looking at my door to have visitors. HAHAHAHA!!!!! 🙂
How I came up with this recipe has a short story behind it……
In a 15 minutes notice I was about to have visitors last weekend and guess what…
It was Friday evening and I had just emptied my refrigerator to shop more on Saturday….
How to make this Spicy Strawberry Walnut Dip
- Fortunately, I had some fresh strawberries.
- So without giving too much thought I heated a nonstick pan
- Then, I threw strawberries along with maple syrup in it.
- Thereafter, I added fresh jalapeno and as always I had dried garlic siting in my pantry.
- Afterwards, I cooked till the strawberries were soft enough and then let it cool.
- Lastly, I blended the dip and served it with crackers.
While searching for some unique ingredient to mix with it I found some raw walnuts in one of my kitchen shelf.
I gave it a try and blended it with cooked strawberries and to moisten the dip I topped it with walnut oil to give a subtle walnut flavor to the dip. I tasted it and simply fell in love with it in the first bite.
My guests couldn’t stop praising this recipe and I got a brain wave of sharing this wonderful and quick appetizer with you all.
What are you waiting for? Strawberries are versatile ……. Try this savory strawberry recipe and you will love it immediately.
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Spicy Strawberry Walnut Dip
- In a nonstick pan combine strawberries, maple syrup, jalapeno pepper, garlic and cook for couple of minutes or until strawberries are soft stirring at intervals to avoid sticking.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool completely.
- In a grinder/food processor spoon the strawberry mix along with walnuts and walnut oil and grind it into a smooth paste.
- Spoon the dip in the serving bowl, add salt and serve with your choice of crackers and enjoy.
- If in a hurry put the pan in the freezer for couple of minutes for the strawberry mix to cool down.
- Feel free to garnish with finely chopped strawberries and jalapeno for more chunky bites.
- Do not overcook the strawberries to avoid the burning taste.
- This recipe yields about 1 cup of the dip.
- This dip has a more savory and spicy taste and very mild sweet flavor to it. I used maple syrup to cut the sourness of the strawberries and bring its smooth flavor out.