Roasted Peaches, Puffed Quinoa and Papaya Cashew Cream Parfait says it all! Whether you enjoy it as a summer dessert or a healthy breakfast it will always satisfy your sweet tooth absolutely guilt free.
If you like the combination of fruits, yogurt or cream and some crunchy granola then you will definitely like this Vegan parfait that is yogurt free. Usually parfaits are preferred for breakfast but I wanted to make dessert out of these along with some healthy food swaps.
Yes! Healthy eating is important but that doesn’t have to be always boring with carrots/celery sticks and hummus. Some indulgence is completely justified especially if we are able to swap to some healthy food options. This way we can avoid the dreaded sugar rush/ crash effect.
With this Roasted Peaches, Puffed Quinoa and Papaya Cashew Cream Parfait I decided to go for vegan option and some protein packed quinoa and flavorful peaches with some fresh ripe papaya.
Invitingly refreshing and gorgeous looking as well for these warm days! Isn’t it?
How to roast peaches
Instead of using raw peaches I pan seared/roasted the ripe peaches along with some maple syrup and flavored with vanilla extract. The aroma and the look of these peaches surely encouraged me to make these a dessert parfait. 🙂
How to make papaya cashew cream
For this, I blended some raw cashew nuts, ripe papaya, and splashed some dairy free milk along with sweetener. I used cashew nuts because they are a good source of protein and also give a thick texture to the cream with certain nutty flavor.
How to puff quinoa
To give this parfait a crunchy bite I puffed quinoa by just rinsing and drying the quinoa and popping them in a nonstick covered pan.
How to assemble Roasted Peaches, Puffed Quinoa and Papaya Cashew Cream Parfait
Just before serving I layered the dessert glass with roasted peaches at the bottom. Then, I covered it with ripe papaya pieces. Next, I added a layer of puffed quinoa. Then, again I layered it with roasted peaches, covered the glass with the papaya cashew cream. Lastly, in order to add some more color and flavor, I garnished with few goji berry pieces.
Serve Chilled and enjoy! Don’t get fooled by the long instruction list because Roasted Peaches, Puffed Quinoa and Papaya Cashew Cream Parfait is super simple to prepare and a perfect summer dessert. 🙂
Don’t wait! Make it now and indulge. I promise it’ll be worth it. 🙂
You may also like:
- Healthy Breakfast Vegan Yogurt Parfait
- Tropical Yogurt Vegan Parfait
- Blueberry Semolina Porridge Parfait
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Roasted Peaches, Puffed Quinoa and Papaya Cashew Cream
- 1 cup chopped peaches
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the cream
- 1 cup chopped ripe papaya
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/2 tsp flax oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp dairy free milk
- Small pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup quinoa (rinsed and dried)
- 1 cup chopped ripe papaya (for layering)
- 1 tsp goji berries (for topping)
- Heat a nonstick pan and add all the ingredients for roasting. Mix gently, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the flame once you start getting the aroma. (Peaches should not be mashed, the firm pieces should be maintained but at the same time should be soft enough). Take the roasted peaches out in a bowl and refrigerator to cool off.
- In the meantime combine all the papaya cashew cream ingredients in a food process and puree smooth. (No lumps should be present in the cream).Put the papaya cashew cream in the refrigerator to cool.
- In the mean time when quinoa is completely dried heat a small dry nonstick pan. Check its right temperature by testing with few quinoa grains. If they start to pop that means the pan is ready.Now add 1-2 tbsp. of quinoa at a time. Cover and let it pop, keep stirring in between to avoid over cooking. Puffed quinoa should be light brown in color as show above in the picture. Repeat the same process for the rest of the quinoa.Let the quinoa be at room temperature to maintain its crunchy texture.
- Divide all the ingredients into 4 equal parts (except roasted peaches). Roasted peaches would be divided into 8 equal parts.
- Just before serving start layering in a dessert glass. Put the first layer of roasted peaches, then chopped papaya pieces, puffed quinoa, roasted peaches again now cover the glass with papaya cashew cream completely and lastly garnish this parfait with few goji berries. Serve chilled.
- For drying the rinsed and drained quinoa, spread it on a kitchen tissue cloth and dap it with another tissue cloth as much as possible. You will notice that both the tissues are completely wet. Change both the tissues at this point and repeat the process.
- If you have time leave the quinoa spread on the tissue in the room temperature it will dry on its own and quinoa will leave the tissue easily or else you can dry in the oven at 500 degree Fahrenheit by stirring at equal intervals for few minutes. (Make sure it’s not cooked just dry the quinoa and then start the popping process as mentioned in the instructions).
- To serve this dessert you can make everything ahead of time and store them separately in the refrigerator except puffed quinoa. Just before serving assemble the parfait to ensure the crunchy taste of the parfait or else quinoa will become soggy.
- 4 different dessert glasses can be used or 2 large glasses (like I did) or one big bowl to serve this parfait.
- If after chilling papaya cashew cream thickens a bit add little cold milk to it depending on your desired consistency and whip till it is light and fluffy again.
- Any milk of your choice can be used (dairy or nondairy).
- Extra virgin olive oil can also be used instead of flax oil.
I’m loving your recipes, pinning them!!!
This is so creative and beautiful and I bet it tastes amazing. I would love to make things like this and I know my kids would gobble it up. Thanks for a (rare) unique idea!!
What a creative idea! All of it sounds novelty to me. cashews and papaya! popped quinoa I knew but never made myself. peaches, yummmmm. Im not even vegan and I want to try this.
Very clever! I’ve never thought of combining papaya and cashew together.
Amy Nielson says
This looks amazing. I love the idea of a vegan parfait. I’ve also been wanting to add some healthy crunch to my granola, and I love the puffed quinoa idea.
Mel @avirtualvegan.com says
Wow – This looks amazing!
Such beautiful flavour combinations and the finished dish looks so lovely.
I cannot wait to try it!
just reading the title made me drool! Wow. Been wanting to buy puffed quinoa for a while now. This could be my motivator to buy it! Pictures are awesome too, as always!
Yummm! My mouth is watering! This parfait looks so delicious!
Thank you Amanda.
Wow, every time I look at your recipes, I am always shocked by the combination of things, yet anxious to try them! They always look so amazing!!
My mouth is watering! Can’t wait to make!
Thank you Barbara.
I love your creative flavor combinations and also how everything you make looks delicious while also being healthy!
This looks great! Never thought of combining peaches, quinoa, papaya and cashews, but sounds like a great combo!
Little Cooking Tips says
This isn’t just a wonderful dessert: it’s also a super healthy power snack!!!Amazing work Gunjan!
Panos and Mirella
Thank you Panos and Mirella for appreciating my recipe and yes you are right its super healthy power snack too. 🙂