Persimmon Habanero Soup as the name suggests has a subtle sweetness and prominent spicy flavor. This soup is very low in calories and has 0 fats especially if you use your own homemade oil free vegetable broth. Also, not to forget it’s cozy yet satisfying.
Inspite of the hot and sweet flavor of the soup it is absolutely delightful and perfect for the winter weather. It takes only about 20 minutes and is a desirable work night meal. Just pair it with almond crackers and it tastes outstanding.
The wonderful winter ingredients when blended together bring out a spicylicious flavor along with mild sweet tinge from persimmon fruit.
We have been enjoying this combination for quite some time now. It’s absolutely fun to gorge into Persimmon Habanero Soup with its tantalizing flavors and not to forget its nutrition content.
I personally prefer a fruit in my soup. Also, I mostly add some sweetness to my soup and preferably a fruit. I love my soups when they are sweet and salty. It gives me immense satisfaction and a sense of happiness too.
It’s freezing outside already and Seattle is colder at this time than usually it is. So all of this week I have been living on warm soups to survive through the already cold air. However, winter is fun and festive.
How to make Persimmon Habanero Soup
Coming back to Persimmon Habanero Soup recipe, it’s the easiest soup ever. Simply, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook well. Later, blend it smooth and devour every bit of this soup.
It’s healthy, filling, satisfying and low in calories. I am trying a lot of recipes without oil and to my surprise its working out excellent. This way I save on some calorie consumption.
Many of you who follow no oil diet just make sure to include some healthy fats in your diet so as to give your body balanced nutrition.
- It is possible to make it in insta-pot. I have provided the details in the recipe card under notes.
- This soup tastes best when served immediately.
- Most importantly, please wear gloves when handling habanero peppers.
My other Habanero recipes are :
Habanero Parsley Tofu Curry Casserole
Vegan Habanero Cauliflower Spaghetti
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because I love to see what you cooked.
Persimmon Habanero Soup
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 whole persimmons (seeds removed and chopped)
- 1 whole habanero pepper (deseeded)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Salt as per taste
- In a saucepan combine all the ingredients and let it boil for 5-7 minutes or until persimmons are soft and mushy.
- Pour the soup in a blender and blend it smooth. Top it with almond crackers or pair it with a side bread.
- Enjoy immediately.
- I used oil free homemade vegetable broth for this recipe.
- This soup tastes best when served immediately. However, refrigerate the leftovers for 3-4 days.
- For instant pot option - combine all the ingredients in the instant pot. Close the lid and seal the valve. Turn it on in the soup mode or at manual high for 10 minutes. Once done, release the pressure and open the lid. Blend it with immersion blender and adjust the seasoning.
Joanie @ One Dish Kitchen says
Such a delicious looking recipe, I love the sweet and spicy combination!
This sounds like it is sweet and spicy – which is my favorite flavor combination. I have never had persimmons before.
i never would have thought to mix persimmons and habanero together, i might need to try this!
It has delicious and unique flavors in it. This soup is satisfying and filling at the same time.
I am so, SO excited to try this recipe! As someone who is a bit intimidated by persimmon and habanero, I am thrilled I stumbled across your blog. The soup looks divine and perfect for a cozy day – ideal for those freezing days ahead! Thank you!
Thank you Eva. I am sure you will love it. If you get a chance to make this soup I would love hear back from you on how it turned out for you.