Habanero Parsley Tofu Curry Casserole is a spicy and savory fusion dish with a smooth texture. Yes, you heard it right. I made this baked curry with the beautiful hot habanero peppers, healthful parsley herbs and protein rich tofu baked in a cheesy sauce and topped with hearty bread crumbs.
It is true that I like most of my dishes from scratch. However, once in a while I use the store bought stuffs. Hence, I used these store bought bread crumbs in this recipe. Also, I used store bought tofu since I was out of homemade ones. It’s been a while since I cooked tofu but I wanted to cook a curry recipe in a new style. I had some unexplained inclination to be extra innovative. I was super excited about my new idea and could not wait for the final outcome.
Fusion recipe ingredients for habanero parsley tofu curry casserole:
Habanero peppers – these peppers are originally form Mexico and orange habanero peppers are the most common types available in the market. These peppers are really hot and need to handle carefully. These peppers have anti – inflammatory effect and helps prevents the risk of diabetes.
Parsley – Parsley is native to Mediterranean region and is widely used in European countries. This herb is a great source of anti – oxidants and flavors the dishes beautifully. It has essential oils and help improves digestion.
Tofu – Tofu is made from soy beans and originated in Asia. It is naturally gluten free and is extremely high in protein. It helps maintain good cholesterol and helps reduce bone density.
Therefore, this baked curry casserole is a complete fusion dish. I made it by using special and delectable ingredients found in different parts of the world.
I love this casserole recipe because:
Firstly, It brings together the major parts of the world in this one casserole dish and unites to bring out scrumptious and outstanding flavors. Secondly, this casserole recipe is loaded with protein and is a complete balanced nutritious meal.
I hope you all love it…. Because it is
Spicy – savory
Nutritious + protein rich
One pot dish.
Perfect make ahead meal
Hence, if you crave for spicy hot comfort food then you should definitely try this Habanero Parsley Tofu Curry Casserole.
Also, don’t forget to leave your feedback in the comments below because I love reading your thoughts and your descriptions about my recipes.
Habanero Parsley Tofu Curry Casserole
- 2 whole habanero peppers (deseeded)
- 1/4 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 14oz pack extra firm tofu (chopped)
- In your blender combine habanero peppers, cashew nuts, baby carrots, coconut milk, water, nutritional yeast, salt, and sugar and lemon juice. Then, blend it well until the sauce is smooth.
- In the meanwhile preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit and prepare an 8 inch rectangle/square baking pan by spraying cooking oil.
- Then place the tofu in it and pour habanero sauce over it. Next, fold in chopped parsley and evenly spread the entire dish in the pan so it cooks properly.
- Lastly, spread bread crumbs evenly to cover the casserole.
- Thereafter, place the baking pan in the bottom rack of the oven and let it cook for 40 minutes or until the bread crumbs turns golden brown and you see bubbles forming in the curry.
- Now, take it out and pair it with quinoa/steamed rice. Also, adjust salt if required.
- It’s a spicy dish so if desired you can do some variations as per your taste – if you are aware of habanero peppers and like its hot flavor of it then follow the recipe as is. Just adjust the salt before serving as per your taste.
- If you are new to habanero peppers then make sure to deseed it by wearing gloves in your hands. Reduce the pepper to one instead of two. Increase the sugar to ¼ tsp and carrots to ¾ cup. The gravy might thicken a little which is totally fine. Also, adjust the salt as per your taste.