Peach Pecan Pasta is one of my unique innovation. It screams summer along with being delicious. The fruit and the nut tossed with pasta makes this dish outstanding and a perfect lunchbox option too.
Love! Love! Love! Peaches are my love because peaches always scream Summer! These delicious, sweet, juicy fruits are low in calorie and have no saturated fats. They are high in antioxidants and are rich in many vitamins and minerals.
A unique pasta recipe has been cooking in my mind for a while with a sweet and savory taste.
It took me couple of experiments in my kitchen to bring the taste of Peach Pecan Pasta exactly the way I was imagining or I should say craving.
When it comes to pasta I crave like a child and this time I wanted some different taste in my pasta.
Ingredients for Peach Pecan Pasta
In my quest to make pasta dish healthy and protein rich I finalized two main ingredients and they were peaches (fruit) and pecans (nuts).
I flavored this dish with a variety of herbs to add that extra punch to this dish.
With colored bell peppers I added more vitamin C and also some crunchy bites to this recipe along with some vibrant colors to make it attractive. 🙂
I made small batches of this dish because peaches are quite delicate in flavor. Also, I wanted to maintain its original taste so I did not go overboard and made this recipe in two batches.
Of course the first batch was for me because I am crazy and uncontrollable when I see pasta.
The second batch was for my beloved family who relished this Peach Pecan Pasta and smiled all the way through satisfactorily.
Make sure to handle peaches delicately and gently and retain its original flavor while cooking this pasta dish….. Happy Summer!!!!! 🙂
Peach Pecan Pasta
- frying pan
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup raw pecans (crushed)
- 1 cup chopped peaches
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 2 1/2 cup whole grain penne pasta (boiled and drained)
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and add all the herbs. (Garlic, basil, parsley, onion powder, crushed pepper). Saute for a second to cover the herbs with oil.
- Add crushed pecan and saute for couple of minutes continuously or until you get the aroma.
- Add chopped peaches and salt. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add water and boil it for couple of minutes. Now, with a food masher, mash the peaches while cooking.
- Add red and green pepper to it and mix nicely.
- Lastly, fold in pasta and cook covered at a low flame for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame, stir again and serve. Garnish with more chopped peaches if desired.
- Measure pecans before crushing.
- Make sure to mash the peaches as much as possible for the flavors to blend well.
- Feel free to adjust the salt as per your taste.
- You may use any pasta of your choice. I used whole grain pasta because it’s healthier and has more fiber.
Yum! This is so unexpected but sounds SO delicious!
Thank you Suzanne.
Oh my gosh my mouth is watering, This pasta looks so good!! I will have to try making this asap!
This looks delicious! I love the spin on it with the peach and pecan flavors 🙂
That’s a combination I’ve heard for the first time and it sounds so appealing! Looks so great! 🙂
This is such a weird yet awesome idea. I would never have thought to combine these two foods but now I’m just so curious that I have too haha.
hahahha. I thought the same as you John but when I did it turned out o be outstanding.
This sounds amazing! I don’t think I have ever had fruit in a pasta dish – very creative!
I love peaches and pecans! This is the perfect summer pasta! I’ll be saving this one to make soon for sure!
mmm this sounds soon good. i love peaches!!!
Amanda | Maple Alps says
This looks great! I would have never thought about putting peaches in pasta.
What a great use of seasonal fruit! I have a tree currently overflowing with white peaches, though the flavor is different so I’m not sure they would work the same way here. 🙁
Hi Rae, any peaches would work for this recipe as long as they are sweet and juicy. Hope you get a chance to cook this recipe.
This looks so good! I love peaches in anything.
Chrissa - Physical Kitchness says
Peaches and pasta?! This is so creative! Perfect for a summer meal. I have to try this with GF noodles!
This is indeed delicious. Let me know how it turned out for you if you get a chance to cook. 🙂
Wow have never seen a peach pasta before. Would love to try!