When living a healthy life and eating healthy, emphasis is always given on eating all the fruits and vegetables and especially to indulge in seasonal fresh produce. But we often eat those fruits and vegetables which are palatable to our taste buds and often ignore others thinking that we are eating sufficient. It is true that it’s not always possible to eat all the healthy fresh produce that nature provides for us but there are some must have fruits and vegetables which we should definitely include into our diet without fail. These fresh produce help build our immune system which will in turn help in staying strong and sickness free whenever there is a weather change or in the flu season.
A good immune system helps our body fight many infections and diseases and germs in our daily life as well on a regular basis. A good immune system requires a coordination of sufficient exercise, required sleep, enough rest to de – stress time to time and most importantly balanced nutrition. Few major vitamins and minerals required to boost your immune system are vitamin c, vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Iron, copper and many more.
The must haves fruits & vegetables to boost the immune system:
1. Berries: the most common suggested fruit which contain tons of Vitamin C and help you fight with cold and flu. All kinds of berries can be consumed like blueberry, strawberries, raspberries, acai berries and the new super food berry goji berries has also been included in the list.
2. Spinach: Spinach is recommended not only to boost immune system but also to help in providing good amount of fiber, lowers blood pressure, and improves bone health and so on. Spinach contains Vitamin A and is a good source of antioxidants like vitamin C and Vitamin K. Spinach provides the required minerals to our body for balanced nutrition like iron, copper and zinc.
3. Mushrooms: A good source of Vitamin D which helps prevent Osteoporosis and is a good source of iron too. White mushrooms especially help build a good immune system by promoting the maturation of white blood cells.
4. Garlic: garlic is an age old formula to cure diseases. It contains Vitamin B6 and has natural antioxidants.
5. Beets: Beets purify the blood and is best for detoxification process. It helps in fighting with many diseases by releasing toxins from the body and thereby building a good immune system in the body.
Lastly, drink plenty of water to release toxins from your body and to keep yourself hydrated. Positive thinking also contributes to building good immunity system. Eating at least 8 servings of colorful fruits and vegetables helps keep your immune system at work always and help you lead a better and healthy lifestyle. Preserve your health by keeping your immune system strong and a mind positive and happy attitude towards life as a whole.
Health tips of the week
“Key to a better immunity system and healthy lifestyle is to eat all fruits and vegetables”.
Emily @ The Innovative Mama says
A lot of these foods are ones I already love. It’s so great that they’re so very good for us as well!
All of these are my fave fruits and vegetables. We dont have berries in this part of the world but we have plenty of spinach and mushrooms
Amy @Planning Playtime says
Oh man, the beets got me. I’m good on the other ones, but I’ve got to figure out a way to add beets to my diet.
Kim @ This Ole Mom says
This is a great post and reminder. I really need to start eating more fruit and veggies. I like everything on your list except, beets.
I’m in good shape except for the beets. I have a hard time with them.
Love berries, but not the others! I have to find ways to sneak them in my diet 😉
Thank you Jenn.
I love all those foods! Especially garlic…oh and Mushrooms. 🙂
Gunjan I love all the foods on this list and eat them pretty much every day.
I am a huge fan of mushrooms, only I have to eat them cooked.
I am here from Grow Your Blog 🙂
Thank you Lynda for stopping by.