This chewy and satisfying Farro Kidney Beans Balls serves excellently for evening tea time snack or as a mid-day snack. It’s high in protein and fiber along with being nutritious.
Sometimes, it gets difficult to think about snacks. We end up snacking on store bought junk. Therefore, this snack comes in handy. It serves as a great lunch box idea for kids as well.
Ingredients for Farro Kidney Beans Balls
Dry uncooked farro
Canned red kidney beans
Green bell pepper
Sundried tomatoes (not oil packed)
Vegan mozzarella cheese
Crushed red pepper
Green chilli sauce/sriracha sauce
Vegan bread crumbs/panko
Salt to taste
How to make Farro Kidney Beans Balls
- Firstly, Preheat the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a sheet pan by greasing it with a cooking spray.
- Secondly, Cook Farro as per the package instructions and cool it down.
- Thereafter, combine all the ingredients in the food processor and grind until it forms a sticky dough like texture.
- Afterwards, spoon it out into a mixing bowl and make balls between your palms.
- Later, place the balls in the sheet pan and bake it for 4–45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once done, turn it off and take the sheet pan off.
- Lastly, serve them with a side salad and your choice of dips.
- Once Farro is cooked it becomes soft and extremely chewy. It is important that you drain out the excess liquid if any after cooking this healthy whole grain.
- This recipe makes 8 balls and the serving size is 2 per person.
This recipe pairs well with
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram.
Farro Kidney Beans Balls
- 1/2 cup uncooked dry Farro
- 1 15oz canned red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 1/2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
- 2 1/2 tbsp vegan mozzarella cheese (grated/shredded)
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp green chili sauce/sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp vegan bread crumbs/panko
- Salt as per taste
- Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a sheet pan by greasing it with a cooking spray.
- Cook Farro as per package instructions. Drain the excess liquid and let it cool for few minutes.
- Now, combine all the ingredients in the food processor and grind it until it forms a dough like sticky texture.
- Spoon it out in a mixing bowl and form 8 balls between palms.
- Place them on the sheet pan and bake them for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown in color.
- Once done, turn it off and take the sheet pan out of the oven.
- Serve immediately with a side salad and ketchup.
- These taste best when served immediately and is hot.
- Pair with ketchup or vegan mayo or tofu sriracha dressing
- For non vegan option you may use regular mozzarella cheese and Italian style breadcrumbs.
- While cooking Farro , follow the package instructions well. Drain out any excess liquid from it once cooked. Cooked Farro should be chewy and soft.
- This recipe makes 8 balls and the serving size is 2 balls per person.