This Iron Rich Beetroot Curry is a delicious blend of flavors and ingredients. Although its a unique combination this entree is devourable and is super nutritious.
Tofu, Broccoli and other colorful veggies simmered in pureed beetroot, flavored with Asian seasonings and topped with white sesame seeds.
Serve Iron Rich Veggie Beetroot Curry with steamed rice/brown rice/quinoa.
Wholesome, Nutritious and Flavorful Dinner!
So satisfying! Yummilicious!! 🙂
I have made several attempts at creating new recipes with beetroot for quite some time but nothing really developed the way I wanted it to be.
I wanted some WOW factor in my recipe with beetroot so that my family easily eats this iron rich veggie.
It is said that we should make our meals colorful so that can consume all types of nutrition. Hence I decided to make this curry colorful to feed my family a balanced nutritious meal.
How to make Iron Rich Beetroot Curry
I used all the veggies that I had in my refrigerator, added tofu for protein and calcium and also broccoli because I am very fond of this green veggie.
I sautéed these with some Asian seasonings like low sodium soy sauce, rice vinegar and added some spice with sriracha sauce.
Lastly, I added sweet ginger garlic seasoning for extra flavor to make it more appealing in taste.
Then I simmered the seasoned veggies in the beetroot puree.
Mind Blowing! That’s what my husband said after taking the first bite of this Iron Rich Veggie Beetroot Curry.
Beets are rich in many minerals and vitamins like magnesium, iron, folic acid, phosphorus and many more. It’s great for cleansing and a versatile veggie to consume.
This Iron Rich Veggie Beetroot Curry is not only beautiful and colorful but it also has balanced nutrition and is a flavorful wholesome meal 🙂
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Iron Rich Veggie Beetroot Curry
- 2 cups red beets (peeled,chopped,boiled,blended - see notes)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cups chopped colored bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped baby corn
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp sweet ginger garlic seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 14 oz pack of extra firm tofu (pressed,drained,chopped)
- 3/4 tsp salt or as per taste
- Heat a nonstick pan and add oil. Add garlic, sesame seeds, ginger powder and onions and saute for 2 minutes. Add all the vegetables. Saute well.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha sauce, black pepper, and ginger garlic seasoning and mix well so that all the veggies are properly coated. Now add the blended beets and 1 ½ cup water and mix well. Lastly toss tofu and salt. Cover and cook for few 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice/brown rice/quinoa.