Cauliflower in Kale Coconut Curry is made with Indian spices and pairs well with rice and or paratha. This nutritious vegetable is simmered in healthy green curry with a prominent taste of coconut.
I don’t cook cauliflower that often because of its bland flavor and colorless texture.
This vegetable even though high in nutrition, I feel isn’t as palatable and exciting as other vegetables.
My family definitely can go to any extent to avoid it. But in the process of cooking cauliflower to make it taste friendly. I learnt that if this vegetable was seasoned very well and cooked properly can be liked as much as other vegetables.
I came up with a medley of flavors with a variety of different ingredients for this recipe, to make cauliflower as appealing as possible.
Cauliflower in Kale Coconut Curry has the flavor of spices, coconut, nutrient rich kale leaves, and of course cauliflower florets.
How to make Cauliflower in Kale Coconut Curry
Firstly, I sauteed cauliflower in a nonstick pan in little oil.
Secondly, I blended onion, kale and coconut which allowed me to bring out the aroma and flavor of coconut prominently.
Next, I poured the blended kale paste over sauteed cauliflower.
Then, I gently tossed them.
Later, I seasoned it with Indian spices.
Lastly, I simmered it for a while and served hot with cumin rice and naan/paratha.
We all devoured this entree happily.
This is my regular entree recipe for working nights from now on and it takes only about 30 minutes to be ready and served.
It is not impossible to feed nutritious food to our families. Sometimes it might take a little while to suit to our taste requirement. However, if we focus a liiittllleee on what and how we cook we can serve delicious and healthy food and yet see smiling faces of our loved ones all day long 🙂
You may also like:
Instant Pot Herbed Masala Lentil Curry
One Pot Peanut Butter Tempeh Curry
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you tag @kiipfit on Instagram.
Cauliflower in Kale Coconut Curry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt or as per taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and add cauliflower florets. Saute until soft and light brown.
- In the meanwhile, in a food processor combine onion, baby kale and coconut flakes and grind as smooth as possible.
- Now, add the kale paste to the roasted cauliflower and gently mix.
- Now add turmeric, mustard powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, ginger powder, cardamom powder, cinnamon powder and dried fenugreek.
- Saute well making sure that cauliflower does not get mashed.
- Add water and cook for one minute.
- Now add cayenne pepper, sugar, salt and lemon juice.
- Mix gently and cook again for 30 seconds.
- Lastly, add coconut milk and cook covered for 10 minutes in a low flame.
- Serve warm with rice/roti/paratha/naan.
Joanie @ ZagLeft says
I love cauliflower and the flavors here sound fantastic – can’t wait to try!
I love coconut and curry together! This also looks like a great way to get in a ton of vegetables!
I am loving everything about this! Definitely going to try it soon – it’s perfect for Fall!
Patricia @ Grab a Plate says
Oh! Lovely dish – just love the kale in it – so creative!
This looks delicious! I have some leftover coconut milk so I need to make this over the weekend.
Meghan | BeyondBasicBlog.com
linda spiker says
Wow! Lovely dish and great color!
Oh my gosh this looks so yummy!!! I love cauliflower.
Heather Denniston says
I love kale, coconut AND curry. This is a great recipe. I cannot wait to try!
Thank you Heather. This is one way that my family likes to eat cauliflower 🙂
Jamie Dalton says
This looks and sounds delicious! I grew up thinking the same thing about cauliflower but have also learned that I love it if it’s well seasoned. The coconut milk is a great idea and I love the taste when it’s caramelized from being roasted. I’ve also found cooking it in vegetable broth gives it a lot of flavor as well.
Thank you Jamie. I hope you get a chance to try this recipe and enjoy as much as we did.