While we work towards achieving our weight loss goals, we follow many types of diet being low carb, high protein and paleo diet and so on and work hard at the gym. But, before we get into our weight loss path it’s important for us to understand the importance of protein for weight loss, which we all follow, but only for the sake of it without knowing the benefits. Or we follow high protein diet because that’s the trend or we have been told by our instructor, so here we will dive deep into its importance and make our choices clear and balanced.
Why Protein is important when trying to lose weight:
1. Protein keeps you fuller for longer periods which help you to curbs your false hunger pangs which lead you to make right food choices.
2. Protein if taken immediately after a weight training session or an hour cardio session helps repair the tissues and muscles of the body and provides more strength to the body.
3. Adequate protein intake maintains and balances your body sugar level which in turn provides you more energy throughout the day and also helps you to avoid eating sugar loaded food.
4. Protein provides fuel for fat burning and preserves lean muscles that burn calories.
5. Protein when paired well with carbohydrate improves your metabolism by communicating directly with insulin thereby instructing the muscles to work efficiently.
However, overdoing of anything has a negative impact so eating too much or consuming only protein will not help in weight loss. It will have a contrary effect of weight gain and slower metabolism. It is important to pair protein with good carbohydrates and add good fat and minerals and vitamins into your diet. Overall, its important to have a balanced diet at the right times while focusing more on protein.
Health tip of the week
“Emphasis on protein in your diet and see positive results of weight loss”.
Dia All The Things I Do says
Protein is sooo important. Not only does it make you feel fuller but it really does fuel you. People just want to eat greens and think they will lose weight but they just set themselves up for failure.
Jessica Sheppard says
These are great reminders for the importance of protein. I lost 50 lbs two years ago and have kept if off. This is how I did it. I feel better when I’m leaning more on proteins than carbs. Great post!
I’ve been trying to lose weight. Thanks so much for the tips!
This was very informative. I knew protein was essential for weight loss, but it is always better to know WHY. Thanks for sharing!
Nicole Parise says
Thanks so much for sharing! I wish I had known this before as well, it could have helped me out when I worked out in the past 🙂
So true! I once became very sick from protein deficiency on a diet. I make sure that to consume protein at every meal now.
These are some good tips! I’ve been more conscious of my protein intake since I started working out last year, and I’m striving toward making my after-workout breakfast more nutritious.
Thank you Jaime.
Chrissa - Physical Kitchness says
This was something I wish I knew in college when I was working out and never supplementing with protein! Great post!
I learnt it when I was working on my physical health few years back.