While we work towards achieving our weight loss goals, we follow many types of diet being low carb, high protein and paleo diet and so on and work hard at the gym. But, before we get into our weight loss path it’s important for us to understand the importance of protein for weight loss, which we all follow, but only for the sake of it without knowing the benefits. Or we follow high protein diet because that’s the trend or we have been told by our instructor, so here we will dive deep into its importance and make our choices clear and balanced.
Why Protein is important when trying to lose weight:
1. Protein keeps you fuller for longer periods which help you to curbs your false hunger pangs which lead you to make right food choices.
2. Protein if taken immediately after a weight training session or an hour cardio session helps repair the tissues and muscles of the body and provides more strength to the body.
3. Adequate protein intake maintains and balances your body sugar level which in turn provides you more energy throughout the day and also helps you to avoid eating sugar loaded food.
4. Protein provides fuel for fat burning and preserves lean muscles that burn calories.
5. Protein when paired well with carbohydrate improves your metabolism by communicating directly with insulin thereby instructing the muscles to work efficiently.
However, overdoing of anything has a negative impact so eating too much or consuming only protein will not help in weight loss. It will have a contrary effect of weight gain and slower metabolism. It is important to pair protein with good carbohydrates and add good fat and minerals and vitamins into your diet. Overall, its important to have a balanced diet at the right times while focusing more on protein.
Health tip of the week
“Emphasis on protein in your diet and see positive results of weight loss”.