These unique Green Peas Zucchini Sweet Pancakes are a delight to the taste buds. It’s a great way to include veggies into our diet, especially for the kids. Its easy, nutritious and are perfect weekend brunch.
Pancakes are evergreen brunch for weekends and with the color green in my thoughts I decided to create green colored pancakes. While looking through my refrigerator I finally settled with two green vegetables to be the main ingredients for my pancakes.
Ingredients for Green Peas Zucchini Sweet Pancakes
To sweeten these beauties further I used bananas which also served perfect substitute for eggs.
In my quest for making these pancakes gluten free for my followers (who follow gluten free and vegan diet) I added Quinoa Flour which gave body to the pancake batter.
Well the exciting news is that half of the work is done by the food processor.
How to make Green Peas Zucchini Sweet Pancakes
Since my hungry family was banging on the table for brunch on Sunday I quickly combined vegetables with other liquid ingredients in the food processor and processed it smooth.
Then poured the ground vegetables into the dry ingredients.
Later, I spooned the batter in a round shaped green pancakes on a greased frying pan. Then flipped it over and cooked the other side.
Lastly, served these with lots of maple syrup and fresh fruits.
These beauties came out so perfect and looked so happy that this recipe brought a smile to my entire family including Yashvi 🙂
- The only trick to this recipe is to cook very well or the raw taste may clash with your imagination. 🙂
- You may use almond flour instead of quinoa flour if desired. However, the taste and the consistency may differ from the original recipe.
- These pancakes can be refrigerated for 1-2 days in an air tight container.
Hold your appetite and get started with these Green Peas Zucchini Sweet Pancakes now and make your bellies happy forever…… 🙂
Green Peas Zucchini Sweet Pancakes
- 1 cup green peas (If using frozen then thaw it)
- 1 whole zucchini
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a food processor/blender combine green peas, zucchini, bananas, vanilla extract and oil and blend smooth.
- In a mixing bowl combine quinoa flour, baking powder and salt and mix very well ensuinge that there are no lumps.
- Fold in the zucchini mixture to the dry ingredients and mix the batter very well.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan/griddle and grease it.
- Spoon 1½ tbsp. batter on the pan/griddle and make it a round shape with the help of a spoon.
- Once cooked flip to the other side with the spatula and cook again.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the batter.
- Enjoy these sweet pancakes with generous amount of maple syrup and fresh fruits.
- This recipe yields 10 pancakes and the serving size is 2 pancakes per person.
- Make sure to cook these pancakes very well from both sides and it should not be raw from inside. Cook these pancakes in a low to medium flame to cook inside these pancakes very well.
- If the size of zucchini varies and your batter thickens a bit, add 1/4 cup dairy free milk to loosen the batter and bring it to pancake batter consistency.