Are we making our busy life an excuse for not following a healthy lifestyle? Are we trying to find an easier way out to justify ourselves for not following a healthy lifestyle? Have we ever thought that the fault might be ours for not following a healthy lifestyle? Are we trying to blame everything around us because we are lazy to follow a healthy lifestyle?
Sit back for 2 minutes give some thoughts to the above questions and recall your whole day.
By now, you must have realized that it’s not difficult to follow a healthy lifestyle. We just need to be alert and use some tips to embrace health with busy life.
I will share some tips on how I follow a healthy lifestyle along with my busy life.
1. I believe in being as natural as possible. Hence, I follow a healthy diet by cooking mostly at home with fresh ingredients and keep the calories as low as possible in my family’s diet. This way not only me but my family also unconsciously follows a healthy diet.
2. I exercise every day. I mostly do ‘no equipment exercises’ at home focusing on every body part so that I can take care of my toddler at home. (She has learnt some movements in the process and tries to copy me 🙂 )
3. No matter where I go I carry some healthy snacks with me so that I don’t crave/indulge in any unhealthy food outside.
4. I plan meals for the whole week while doing my grocery. During the weekend to make sure I am ready with home cooked meals and I do not have any excuse of ordering food from outside. I prepare fresh meals on weekends and freeze for the whole week if I am unable to cook every day. Always make sure you don’t go for grocery on an empty stomach.
5. I try and buy organic fruits and veggies and include them in large quantities into our diet.
6. Besides my exercise routine if I am unable to go outside and walk or take out any extra time for it, I walk within the space available inside my home. I try to burn as many calories as possible in any way that I get a chance. If nothing works then I switch on the music and dance on it vigorously. This way I stay active and I am able to burn lots of calories.
7. Healthy lifestyle does not necessarily mean being skinny, it means to stay active, fit, eat balanced nutrition and stay healthy. Good health promotes good mood and hence brings a smile on your face always.
8. If nothing is available at least climb the stairs as much as possible since stairs are available everywhere and you are not dependent on outside weather as well.
9. Stay hydrated with water mostly. This way you will not consume too much calories and you won’t even starve or you won’t get any false hunger pangs.
10. Make sure you don’t indulge in any emotional eating even in times of stress. Stay focused on healthy eating by making right choices.
Health Tip of the Week
“Make simple changes and bring healthy and busy lifestyle together”.
Leave a Reply