Whether sitting in the same posture for a long time or lying down in the same position for a long time, or keeping your body in any posture for quite a bit or hitting the gym hard can strain your muscles and bring stiffness to your body. Stiffness is absolutely uncomfortable and becomes a big hindrance to daily activities. Stiffness that is caused by any heavy activity or by being stationary in the same position for a long time is common and can be cured naturally by the below mentioned methods.
1. As soon as stiffness occurs around any body part our hands automatically reach out to that particular muscle indicating that it needs some massage. So massaging those muscles gently will help blood circulation and undo any knots immediately giving you some relief.
2. Second option would be to try and make light movement of that particular body part where you feel the stiffness. Gentle movement will loosen up the muscles of that area and help you regain your flexibility back.
3. A flexible body is always easy to heal so if you suffer from stiffness often, stretching exercises every day will loosen up your muscles providing more flexibility to your body. Some form of exercise is recommended for all age groups for general well being of your body.
4. If the stiffness gets worse soak in warm water. This will improve the blood circulation and oxygen flow throughout the body giving you relief.
5. Sleep is a good remedy for muscle relaxation. If you suffer from morning stiffness, you may want to focus on your quality of sleep. Sleep helps to repair the damaged muscles and recharge your body.
6. Keep yourself hydrated. Drinking enough water hydrates your body easing the blood flow and moistening your joints and muscles.
7. It goes without saying that eating healthy promotes better health and a fit body. If you eat food that are rich in proteins, fiber, complex carbohydrates and good fats your body gets sufficient nutrition to stay strong to fight any stiffness, aches and pains.
8. Keep moving as much as possible. Any movement to your body including some exercises will strengthen your muscles which will help in avoiding stiffness because stronger muscles are more likely to endure any kind of pressure.
Health tip of the week
“Strengthen your muscles and avoid stiffness”.