This healthy and satisfying Detox Pear Bok Choy Soup is a perfect winter meal! It is made with nutritious ingredients that helps in detoxing. This vegan and gluten free soup fits almost all diet types.
Fresh Pears, baby Bok Choy, baby kale, leeks and green onions simmered in freshly made homemade vegetable stock and flavored with garlic and cumin seeds and spiced with some black pepper.
A perfect detox Soup!
One bowl of this Detox Pear Bok Choy Soup made my tummy so happy and made me feel so light and energetic. 🙂
I was trying Detox diet for the first time. Hence, I selected Monday for it after fun frolic indulge filled weekend. 🙂 . I have never felt so good before. Detoxing on a regular basis can be really helpful.
It just cleanses your body, make you feel light and happy. Makes you feel good about yourself. Also your stomach feel light and not bloated at all.
After my wonderful experience I decided to share my new created Detox Pear Bok Choy Soup recipe with you all. 🙂
For the past few days I have been wondering about cooking the fruit Pear into a soup. It might sound little weird but I wanted to create a unique soup recipe before the winter is over.
While walking through the fresh produce section of my local grocery store my eyes caught the sight of leeks and baby Bok Choy and immediately the combinations of soup started falling into place in my mind.
I always keep kale in my refrigerator because of its health benefits and me being completely focused into healthy eating most of the greens are always in abundance in my refrigerator. 🙂
Finally, I combined the ingredients into this Detox Soup and took a first spoonful of it.
WOW! It felt so good and tasted so delicious!! I can’t wait to try some more detox recipes again next time and feel good about myself. 🙂
My other recipes with pears are:
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because I love to see what you cooked.
Detox Pear Bok Choy Soup
- 2 cups baby kale (stems removed)
- 1 cup chopped green pear
- 1 1/2 cups chopped leek
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions ( only white portion)
- 3 cups chopped baby bok choy
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt or as per taste
- In a saucepan combine kale, pears, leek and vegetable stock and boil until leeks are tender. This may take 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame, let it cool for a while and blend it smooth.
- In another sauce pan heat oil. Add garlic and cumin seeds.
- As soon as the cumin seeds start to crackle add whites f green onion and Bok Choy. Saute for 2 minutes. (let the Bok Choy be crunchy but should be cooked properly).
- Pour the blended soup into the pan and add salt and pepper.
- Boil for couple of minutes and serve warm with your favorite bread/soup sticks.
- This soup tastes best when served immediately. However, you may refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight glass container for about 4-5 days.
- This soup has a mild sweetness to it because of the inclusion of pear in it.
- To make it oil free - skip oil from the ingredients and combine all the ingredients (except salt and pepper) in a stock pot/ sauce pan and cook at medium - high flame until the vegetables are tender (about 5-7 minutes). Turn it off and blend it smooth in a blender or with an immersion blender. Season it with salt and pepper and serve.
- For instant pot option - turn it on at saute mode and heat oil in it. Add cumin seeds and garlic. Saute for 10 seconds and ass green onions. Saute again for 30 seconds and saute bok choy until they are cooked yet crunchy. Now, add rest of the ingredients and cancel the saute mode. Close the lid and seal the valve. Change the setting to soup mode or at manual high for 10 minutes. When done, release the pressure and open the lid. Blend it and adjust the seasoning.