These nutritious and satisfying Choco Black Eyed Bean Bites are great pre-workout snack. Along with being vegan these are gluten free and refined sugar free. Therefore, it’s suitable for almost all types of diet.
With the thought of chocolate I start drooling. I can hardly resist chocolate and so I decided to make nutritious and healthy and mildly sweet snacks.
Ingredients for Choco Black Eyed Bean Bites
Black eyed Beans/peas
Unsweetened cocoa powder
How to make this easy Chocolate Black Eyed Bean Bites
- Firstly, combine all the ingredients (except chocolate chips) in the food process and grind until a dough forms.
- Secondly, take it out into a bowl.
- Thereafter, fold in chocolate chips.
- Lastly, form balls within your palms and enjoy!
- Store these in an air tight container at room temperature for about a week or refrigerate for about 3 weeks.
- Make sure to use canned black eyed beans/peas.
- 1/2 cup pitted dates roughly counts to 7 pieces.
My other popular snack bites are:
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback along with rates in the comments below. You may tag @kiipfit on Instagram. I love to see what you cook in your kitchen.
Choco Black Eyed Bean Bites
- 1 15oz can of black eyed beans/peas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup pitted dates (about 7)
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Combine all the ingredients (except chocolate chips) in the food processor and process it until it forms a dough like texture. Open the lid and test if the dough sticks to each other.
- Take you the dough in a bowl with the help of a spatula.
- Now, toss in chocolate chips to the dough and roughly mix.
- Divide the dough into 11 parts and make round balls with the help of your palm.
- Enjoy immediately or save it for later.
- These bites can be stored in an air tight container at room temperature for about a week or in the refrigerator for about 3 weeks.
- Black eyed beans and black eyed peas are the same so use the canned ones to get the recipe correctly.