This protein packed Chickpea Flour and Quinoa Fritters are perfect tea snack. It’s easy, satisfying and makes a great lunch box idea too.
It’s Sunday evening and we are getting Monday Blues. Want some comfort food to snack on but it should be healthy and something quick to cook.
Some recipe is cooking in my mind and I think I should step into my Food Wonderland (kitchen) to start with my Chickpeas Flour and Quinoa Fritters.
My family is fond of any dish with chickpea flour and I have some leftover cooked red quinoa. Why not combine them and cook some healthy, nutritious, protein packed and delicious snacks.
My experiment worked and I am happy! This snack brought lots of positive vibes to my family and suddenly they all are energized and want to do something exciting.
I must say a smile on your family’s face is the biggest reward that a cook can get. I am super happy now and ready for Monday. Now that my family has approved the recipe I would love to share it with all my friends 🙂 .
Chickpea Flour and Quinoa Fritters are full of nutrition and protein. It’s a complete vegetarian dish and vegan friendly as well. Very easy to cook and is ready in minutes.
It can be eaten as snacks or as lunch depending on your mood.
How to make this easy Chickpea Flour and Quinoa Fritters
Firstly, in a mixing bowl I combined all the ingredients and made a thick but runny batter.
Secondly, I warmed up a nonstick griddle/pan and greased it well. Then, i pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto it. Thereafter, I let it cook until it turn golden at the bottom of the fritters. Then, with the help of the spatula, I , gently flipped it to the other side and let it cook again until golden in color.
I repeated the above process for the rest of the batter.
Lastly, serve them with ketchup.
My other recipe using chickpea flour are:
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram with your cooked food photo.
Chickpea Flour and Quinoa Fritters
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup cooked red/regular quinoa
- 1/2 cup frozen peas carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 tsp salt or a per taste
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 cup water
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Let it stand for 5 minutes so that all the flavors blend in properly.
- Heat the pan/griddle. Grease it with cooking spray and pour ¼ cup of the mix onto the the pan and cook until golden brown.Turn over with the help of the spatula and cook on the other side again until golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup/chilli sauce or as is.
- This recipe makes about 6-7 fritters and the serving size is 2 per person.
- I have provided step wise images above in the post for your reference.