This savory vegan Butternut Squash Cranberry Bread is absolutely oil free and made with healthier ingredients. Its gluten free and yet soft and moist with lots of fresh flavors.
I can smell holiday in the air and this feeling motivates me to experiment with baking.
I see beautiful and fresh red cranberries these days in the store and couldn’t resist picking a bag of these cranberries along with butternut squash.
Therefore, I bake this delicious vegan cranberry bread which is crispy from outside and soft, melt in mouth from inside. Its aroma filled my kitchen thereby tantalizing my taste buds and increasing my cravings for this quick and delicious vegan bread.
Ingredients you will need:
- Butternut squash
- Almond butter
- Maple syrup
- Apple cider vinegar
- Almond flour
- Baking soda
- Fresh cranberries
- Slivered almonds
I have made it with easily availbale ingredients which you may buy from any local grocery stores. However, I have provided links to few of them here for your convinience.
If you plan to buy from these affiliate links then I get a small commission which in turn encourages me to bring in more delicious recipes for you all.
How to make Butternut Squash Cranberry Bread
Firstly, I boiled butternut squash in water until they were soft. Then, I drained them and cooled them completely.
Next, I blended all the wet ingredients in a blender until they were smooth.
Secondly, I combined all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl (except cranberries) and mixed it well with a spoon.
Thereafter, I folded in all the ingredients including fresh cranberries and whipped it into a thick yet soft batter.
Afterwards, I spooned it out into a greased loaf pan and spread it evenly with a spatula.
Then, I garnished its top with hempseeds and slivered almonds.
Later, I baked it for 50 minutes in the middle rack of the preheated oven. Then, I shifted it to the bottom rack and baked it again for another 10 minutes.
Once done, I turned it off , took out the loaf pan and placed it on a flat surface and let it cool completely for about an hour. Then, I inverted the bread on a flat surface and again let it cool for another 30 minutes before slicing.
This bread is yeast free quick bread and super easy to bake for this holiday season along with your holiday errands, decoration and lots of excitement.
Its super moist and an incredibly healthy indulgent. I can assure you that your family and friends will devour every bite of it. Infact, they won’t stop praising you for this cranberry bread recipe.
- While folding in cranberries into the batter simply mix it for 30 seconds. Do not over do this step.
- Let it cool completely before slicing even if it half a day to cool down.
- Almond flour acts differently in baking so be prepared for a wet center. however, it will all dry up and trust me its all cooked.
This tastes best when served the same day. However, store in in the refrigerator in an air tight container for about 1 week. Simply toast it or re-bake it before serving.
I have made it oil free so we save some calories. Almonds are healthy ingredients and is rich in omega3 and protein. Flaxmeal is also a good source of omega3. Hempseeds adds a bit more protein to this recipe. Therefore, its a healthy bread with healthy fats, low in carbohydrates and high in protein.
Yes, it a quick bread made without yeast.
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram with your recipe images because we would love to see what you cooked.
If you desire to explore more of my delicious recipes then you may checkout my cookbooks. Happy Holidays and enjoy every bit of this winter with baking!!!!! 🙂
Butternut Squash Cranberry Bread
- 4 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (rinsed)
- Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit and prepare 9*5 inch loaf pan by greasing it well.
- In a blender combine all the wet ingredients ( cooked squash, soaked flaxmeal, almond butter, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar). Blend it smooth and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients (except cranberries) and mix well with a spoon.
- Fold in wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whip it well. Then, fold in fresh cranberries also and roughly mix it.
- Spoon out the batter in the prepared loaf pan and spread it evenly with a spatula in the loaf pan. Garnish its top with hempseeds and slivered almonds.
- Place it in the middle rack of the oven and bake it for 50 minutes. Then, shift the loaf pan to the bottom rack and bake it again for another 10 minutes. Once done, turn it off and take it out of the oven.
- Place the loaf pan on a flat surface and let it cool completely for about 1 hour without disturbing. Then invert it on a cutting board and let it cool again for another 30 minutes. Now, gently, cut into thick slices ( do not fret if the center looks a bit wet, it will dry up once the entire bread is sliced, this is normal with these kinds of bread).
- Make sure the butternut squash is soft enough to blended.
- Soak flaxmeal until it becomes jelly like ( about 10 minutes).
- Do not slice the bread until it is completely in room temperature or else it will break.
- This bread is very different from the store bought ones but are very healthy also.
- For non-vegan version – you may use 1 tbsp. of honey instead of maple syrup. Instead of flaxmeal use 4 large eggs. and follow the same steps as mentioned i.e. – blend the eggs with the wet ingredients in the blender.
- The color of the bread for vegan version might become a bit brownish due to flaxmeal.