We exercise daily, eat healthy and do all that is required for healthy living yet it’s scary to climb on the weighing scale because it’s frustrating to see that the scale does not move or has moved but to the higher side. This is the time to analyze what we are doing wrong, what are we missing out in our routine and/or what improvements are required in our lifestyle to reach our goal and maintain it.
Here are some of the reasons why you might not be able to achieve your health goals.
1. Ask yourself if you are exercising enough. If you have been following the same workout sessions and exercises your body must have gotten use to the routine and is looking for new challenges.
2. You might be eating more than required. We all know that portion control is important but sometimes we forget to do so with the health foods as well because we think it’s healthy so eat as much as we like. That’s not true, even healthy foods need to be controlled and eaten in right portions.
3. Are you overworked or stressed. Sometimes stress becomes a barrier to your weight loss goals and makes you feel lethargic or sometimes your body does not respond well enough to your healthy lifestyle routine. Relief from mental and physical stress is important for your entire system to function normally.
4. Did you get medical checkup recently? It’s important to get ourselves regularly checked by our chosen physician or medical practitioner. Some medical conditions do not allow too much weight loss and if left unattended may create more complications thereby leaving us frustrated.
5. Are you consistent enough? Sometimes we are under the illusion that we are living a healthy lifestyle but check yourself whether you are consistent enough with your workout routines or are you giving extended breaks and splurging generously in food thinking it just only today but in practical it’s quite regular.
6. Are you taking extra liberty on weekends? Sometimes we overdo on weekends by indulging excessively. It’s important to indulge to give yourself a change in your hectic routine but there is a limit to that. One indulgent meal on one of the weekend sounds reasonable and a snack/dessert along with it but indulging in all the meals and no exercise throughout the weekend is a little too much for you to achieve your goals.
7. For some of us probably we don’t need to lose more weight. Losing weight also depends on genetics, body shape and build. As long as you are healthy and happy and have no medical condition just maintain your good health and be happy.
It’s important to analyze your reasons to lose weight and if you are within the healthy weight range it’s important to maintain it but stressing over it isn’t worth anything. Before jumping into any conclusion about your body weight first think if you lead a healthy lifestyle? If your answer is yes then analyze the above mentioned points. Be true to yourself and you will definitely achieve your goals.
Health tip of the week
“Avoid food rewards, limit your treats and keep moving”
Some great tips here 🙂 Thanks for the advice!!