Mornings are always associated with a warm cup of coffee but recently I discovered that coffee isn’t the only solution. There are many other ways to feel energized in the morning after waking up. Natural ways for morning energy is far better than to boost yourself artificially with loads of caffeine which is nothing but only a short term solution to boosting energy.
Here are some of the simple tricks to feel energized in the morning:
1. Avoid late night heavy eating or mid night snacks. This eating habit makes the body lethargic and is termed as ‘food Hangover’ the next morning. This habit not only increases pounds on the weighing scale but also ruptures the body clock thereby affecting the metabolism and ultimately leading to low energy in the morning.
2. Sleep with half open blinds. With the sunlight the body naturally knows that it’s time to wake up. This will automatically energize the body and give it the signals to wake up and get going.
3. Morning stretches. Instead of snoozing the alarm clock innumerable times it is better to give that few extra minutes to the body to do some stretches on the bed itself. This way the body prepares itself to be physically active, releases tension and energizes you in the morning.
4. Always indulge in some light exercises in the morning to boost yourself not only mood wise but also physically. This will warm up your body and prepare it for the rest of the day.
5. Stay hydrated. We all know staying hydrated is so important and yet many of us fall short on our efforts to stay hydrated throughout the day. Starting the day with a glass of water is the best way to hydrate your body and providing energy to it and in turn boosts your mood and motivation.
6. Eat breakfast. Morning meals are super important which we all know but most of us forget to put nutritious breakfast into our stomach. Protein rich breakfast with balanced fiber and carbohydrates is the best way to stay energized every morning and in fact all throughout the day.
The key to energy all day is to have sufficient and good quality sleep of 6-8 hours. If your body is sufficiently rested you will automatically feel energized in the morning when you wake up.
Health tip of the week
“Don’t treat coffee as a drug to wake you up in the morning”