This yeast free and vegan Red Quinoa Oatmeal Bread is a delight to bake at home. It’s healthy and made out whole grains. It’s easy and quick along with being scrumptious in every bite.
I prefer baking breads at home so that I know the ingredients in my bread.
Homemade breads are delicious fresh and have the best and healthiest ingredients.
Lately I have been using Red quinoa quite a bit in my cooking and hence I wanted to try it in bread. It turned out to be healthy, filling and delicious.
It is yeast free, egg free and dairy free bread which can be baked in our home oven and no bread machine is required.
Ingredients for Red Quinoa Oatmeal Bread
Whole wheat flour
Dairy free milk
How to make this Red Quinoa Oatmeal Bread
Firstly, I combined all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Secondly, in another bowl I combined all the wet ingredients.
Thereafter, I folded in dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and made a sticky dough out of it.
Afterwards, I spooned out the batter into the prepared loaf pan and baked it in a preheated oven for about 50 minutes.
Lastly, take it out and enjoy once completely cooled.
My other popular bread recipes is :
- This bread lasts for about a week at room temperature in an air tight container.
- You may use regular cooked quinoa instead of red quinoa if desired. The taste would still be as delicious.
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram and show what you cooked.
Red Quinoa Oatmeal Bread
- 2 cups cooked red quinoa
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups unsweetened dairy free milk
- Preheat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare the 9*5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and dusted.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl mix all the wet ingredients.
- Then add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well until well coated (don’t overdo the batter).
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake it for 50 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Take the bread out of the oven and let it cool completely.
- Cut into slices and serve. Enjoy it as a sandwich or simply spread vegan butter over a toasted slice.
- Cut into slices only after the bread has completely cooled down otherwise the slices may break and crumble.
- The above measurements would yield 1 loaf with 12 slices.
- This bread lasts for about a week at room temperature in an air tight glass container.