I am so excited to share my new recipe creation in a Pressure Cooker/ Instant pot. Or I might say multi pressure cooker that works as a slow cooker cum instant pot. Saying this I first would like thank Cosori for sponsoring this post. I genuinely enjoyed using this amazing product. I am sure my readers and followers would love to own one of these pressure cookers. So I decided to do a GIVEAWAY on a brand new Cosori Premium 6 QT 8-in-1 Multi-Functional Programmable Pressure Cooker ( Rice cooker, Instant pot, Slow cooker, yogurt maker, baking option, food warmer , etc. ). It’s a one gadget that you would want in your kitchen to make your everyday cooking super enjoyable. Therefore, I am sharing Pressure Cooker vegan Cheese vegetable Quinoa and a Giveaway in the same post.
Now, let’s talk about what to make first….ummm. I started with Vegan Cheese Vegetable Quinoa. It’s a wholesome, cheesy yet nutritious one dish meal that’s perfect for lunch or dinner. Also its super easy to cook without much hassle. All I did was to warm oil in this awesome multi – cooker and seasoned it with garlic and basil. Later, I added some onions and green bell in it in the sauté function mode. Then, I added the vegetables to it and sautéed again in the same function. Once the vegetables were half cooked I folded in rinsed quinoa along with water. Immediately, I poured the blended vegan cheese to it.
Afterwards, I put the lid on the cooker and secured the valve. Then, immediately I changed the setting to white rice and let it cook in the default setting. Once this multi – cooker beeped thrice (which is an indication that the food is cooked) I released the pressure from the valve. Lastly, I stirred quinoa and adjusted the seasoning.
Isn’t it simple….like no babysitting…. I loved this cooker. Later I tried many other recipes and I was totally impressed with it. It’s a super convenient must have kitchen appliance. The best part is that the food cooks extremely well.
My family went gaga over this Vegan Cheese Vegetable Quinoa. We ate most of it for dinner and used the leftovers for lunch the next day. It’s a great lunch box recipe as well. I personally love this recipe with lots of sriracha sauce over it. Sriracha sauce spices it up perfectly well and compliments the dish excellently.
So are you all excited to try this Multi Cooker yourselves? I am sure you all are.
So let’s get set for this awesome GIVEAWAY. All you have to do is to write a comment below stating why you like Instant pot/pressure cooker. I will pick a winner by randomly choosing from the comment list. The Giveaway is only open for U.S. residents because of shipping cost. The Giveaway starts 1/8/2018 at 12.00 am and ends on 1/14/2018 at 11.59 pm. This giveaway is closed. Thank you everyone for your support and appreciating my work.
I would continue to look forward to hear from you all to know if you got a chance to make this recipe and how it turned out for you.
Pressure Cooker Vegan Cheese vegetable Quinoa
For vegan cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup white onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup white mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 cup carrots (chopped)
- 2 cups rinsed quinoa
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- In your blender combine all the ingredients for the cheese sauce and blend it smooth. Then keep it aside.
- Now, warm up your 6 quart premium cosori pressure cooker/instant pot. Then add oil at saute function. Then press on the start button and let the temperature rise to the default setting.
- As soon as you hear the oil sizzling add garlic, onion and green bell pepper and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Now you may add broccoli florets, mushrooms and carrots and mix again. Then cook for a few seconds.
- Thereafter, add rinsed quinoa along with vegetable broth. The, saute and cook for 2-3 minutes. At the first boil pour the cheese sauce and stir again.
- Immediately cancel the saute function and change it to white rice/rice option. Make sure to close the valve properly and let it cook at the default setting.
- Once the cooker beeps release the valve to let the pressure out. Open the lid and stir quinoa. Adjust salt and pepper as per taste and serve warm.
- Quinoa might stick a little at the bottom which is normal. It happens due to the settings. depending on your pressure cooker/instant pot you may adjust the temperature and lower it a bit.
- If you don't have an instant post this recipe can easily be cooked on the stove as well. Simply warm the oil i a nonstick pan and follow the instructions as mentioned above. After mixing everything cook on a high for few minutes. Then after few boils, lower the flame and cook covered until all the liquid is absorbed.