Pine Feta Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers are healthy, protein packed yet delicious appetizer. Its a crowd pleaser and beautiful to serve.
Its a sweet and salty appetizer which is beautiful and healthy. Pine nuts are seeds of pine trees and are crunchy, sweet and delicious. Pine nuts are a source of essential minerals, vitamins and mono-unsaturated fatty acids which helps in lowering the cholesterol levels. Feta is a brined curd white cheese and is made in Greece. It has a creamy texture. It tastes like tangy, slightly salty, mildly sour, and a hint of sweetness.
Ingredients for Pine Feta Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
Crumbled Feta cheese
Crushed black pepper
Italian Style Bread Crumbs
Mini Sweet Peppers
How to make it?
- Firstly, I processed the pine nuts in a food processor.
- Secondly, I mixed all the stuffing ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Thereafter, I stuffed the mini sweet peppers with the stuffing.
- Afterwards, I baked them in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Then, I took it out and topped the peppers with mozzarella cheese.
- Subsequently, I baked them again for 5 minutes.
- Lastly, I turn off the oven and served hot.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram.
Pine Feta Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
For the stuffing
- 1 1/2 cups pine nuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp paprika/chili powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Italian style bread crumbs
For the sweet peppers
- 19 whole mini sweet peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Coarsely grind the pine nuts in the grinder.
- Mix all the ingredients of the stuffing in a bowl.
- Slit the peppers length wise.
- Fill the stuffing inside the peppers properly (The peppers should be packed with the stuffing).
- Grease the cookie sheet or baking pan (I use parchment pepper to avoid extra consumption of oil).
- Spray little cooking oil on the peppers to keep them moist.
- Bake the peppers for 15 minutes (Make sure that the peppers are soft but crunchy).Take out the peppers and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on them and put them back in the oven. Bake the peppers again for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Turn off the oven and let them stay in the hot oven for 2 minutes so that the flavors mix in well and the peppers are settled with the cheese.
- Serve hot!!