These no bake Gingerbread Truffles are packed with spices and flavored with molasses for the holiday taste. Its soft and nutty from inside with a thick chocolate covering on the outside.
It’s a winner dessert for the entire family of all ages. Its easy, hassle free and no cooking involved.
Its made oil free and butter free and also naturally sweetened, so it’s healthy too.
These chocolate gingerbread truffles are the utmost delicious treat and a make ahead recipe too.
Similar to my chocolate truffles energy bites these are made even healthier and so delectable with easy to find ingredients.
Even the kids would enjoy rolling and dipping them so it would a great family event during holidays.
my vegan gingerbread muffins are healthy and a must try during holidays.
Honestly, I have been snacking on them all of last week and they served me as an excellent energy ball especially in those evening hours before dinner.
I tested it on one of my friends as well and she totally became a fan. She even requested me to make a batch for her which I was super excited to do.
This encouraged me immensely to bring out these ginger truffles so that you could enjoy along with me this festive season.
I have baked gingerbread cake earlier and it is so perfect for Christmas and beautiful as well. Just like that cake is a crowd pleaser, these vegan gingerbread truffles are also perfect for your dessert table to impress your guests.
I can go on and on about this dessert because these are the best gingerbread truffles I have eaten so far. Moreover, while making it at home, I had the liberty to play around with the measurements of the spices and make it the way my family loves them.
After few testing and approval from friends and family, I am finally excited to share this gingerbread truffles recipe with you.
Ingredients for these easy gingerbread truffles
Dairy free chocolate chips
I have used these easy ingredients which we usually have in our kitchen so let’s dig deep into its details and let’s make it ASAP.
Walnuts – this forms the base for this recipe giving it nutty flavor and also health benefits.
Dates – this sweetens these gingerbread balls perfectly and naturally making them a healthier treat.
Flaxmeal – this absorbs any extra liquid and also gives a rustic chewy texture form inside.
Spices – these are much needed in this recipe to bring the authentic tastes in a simpler way.
Molasses – any molasses works here. I usually use blackstrap molasses but regular also works fine.
Dairy free chocolate chips – this when melted forms the outer covering and gives them a truffle texture and taste.
For detailed measurement of ingredients, please scroll down to the printable recipe card.
How to make Gingerbread Truffles
Firstly, I combined all the ingredients (except chocolate chips) in the food processor.
Secondly, I blended it well until it was gooey and sticky.
Next, I scooped about 1 tbsp heaped dough batter and made a round ball between palms.
Thereafter, I placed each round balls on the prepared baking sheet.
Then, I placed the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 15 minutes for them to harden.
In the meanwhile, I combined the chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl.
Then, I microwaved it for 1 minute. I pause it and stirred it with a spoon. Then,
I microwaved it again for 30 seconds. I paused it again and whipped it with a spoon and it was well melted. Therefore, do not exceed 2 minutes because we do no want to overcook it.
Afterwards, I took out the baking sheet from the refrigerator and dipped each ball in the melted chocolate and covered them with it thoroughly.
Gently, I took each of them out with the help of a fork and placed them back on the prepared baking sheet.
Later, I refrigerated them again for 15 minutes until the chocolate was hardened.
We were so restless and excited that as soon as the chocolate hardened, we started nibbling on them.
They were outstandingly delicious. Even though they came out perfect in my first attempt, I tested these couple of more times to be extra sure before sharing here.
So, now its your turn to make them and enjoy the holiday flavors.
- While rolling the balls in the melted chocolate dip one ball at a time. Take it out gently place it back on the baking sheet and then dip another one. Follow this process to make sure each ball is properly covered without any dents and sticking.
- While placing the balls it is important to gap them at ¼ inch so that even if they roll or gets misplaced the other ones are not sticking.
These can be refrigerated in an air tight container for about 1 month. Keep them refrigerated at all times.
They have a distinct ginger flavor which is perfectly balanced with chocolate and has a soft crunch because of walnuts.
These are oil free and butter free. I also sweetened them with dates so its refined sugar free too. Moreover, I made its base with walnuts so they have healthy fats. Overall, these are healthier comparatively and can be enjoyed as healthy snacks too.
My other holiday dessert recipes that you might like:
Cranberry Chia Muffins
Easy Ginger Cookies
Vegan Pecan Cookies
Christmas Fruit Cake
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and also make a purchase, I will get a small commission. Moreover, I share only those products which I use personally and love.
Where to find me?
Follow me on Facebook or on Twitter. You may tag @kiipfit on Instagram with your recipe remake images because I would love to see what you cooked.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with a 5-star rating.
In addition, you may checkout my cookbook for everyday comfort vegan recipes.
- 1 cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp molasses (blackstrap/regular/unsulphured)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cups dairy free mini chocolate chips
- Prepare a baking sheet with a parchment paper and keep it aside.
- In a food processor/grinder combine all the ingredients (except chocolate chips) and grind it until it starts to stick to each other and forms a soft dough like consistency.
- Take its blade out and scoop about 1 tbsp. heaped dough between your palms and form a round ball. Place it on the prepared cookie sheet. Repeat this step for the rest of the batter and place each of them with ¼inch gap between each of them. Place the baking sheet flat in the refrigerator for 15 minutes for them to harden.
- Combine chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl and microwave it at high for 1-2 minutes until melted. Make sure to check at 1minute by stirring with a spoon. If needed microwave again for 30 seconds. Pause and stir again. It should be melted by now or else microwave for another 30 seconds. Whip it up vigorously with a spoon and keep it aside.
- Take out the baking sheet from the refrigerator and dip one ball in the melted chocolate. Cover the ball completely with chocolate and then with the help of a fork take it out. Let the extra chocolate drip in the bowl and clear the extra chocolate with another fork from the bottom. Then place it carefully back to the baking sheet. Repeat this step for the rest the balls and chocolate.
- Place them back in the refrigerator for another 15 minutes or until the chocolate hardens. Enjoy!!!!
- Store them in an air tight container and keep them refrigerated for about 1 month.
- I used coconut milk beverage (plain and unsweetened). Since it’s a small quantity you may use canned unsweetened and lightened coconut milk as well for this recipe.
- This recipe makes 12 balls and the serving size is 1 ball per person.
Leave a Reply