Coffee Cheesecake Quinoa Granola Clusters is a crispy, flavorsome made with real ingredients. It’s a healthy morning meal to serve Moms their breakfast in bed. This breakfast is easy and you can happily involve kids in the kitchen while making it for Mother’s Day.
My recipe for today is dedicated to my mom.She is extremely fond of fresh brewed coffee and delicious crunchy cereals for her breakfast.
Hence, I got this idea of combining the two ingredients. Coffee Cheesecake Quinoa Granola Clusters is inspired by my mom’s choice of food.
I wonder why I took such a long time to make granola at home. It’s the easiest of all the recipes and tastes outstanding. Filling and nutritious granola serves as a wholesome morning meal. Make it way ahead of time and store in a jar for weeks. It’s mainly about playing with a variety of ingredients.
I have been trying to come up with a healthy form of vegan cheesecake for a while. Finally, I was able to include the mild flavor of cheesecake in this granola.
Therefore, I succeeded in making it further attractive and somewhat unique. Of course I had to use protein rich and good carbohydrate loaded quinoa because my blog theme revolve around healthy food.
Ingredients for Coffee Cheesecake Quinoa Granola Clusters
Raw cashew nuts
Vegan cream cheese
Instant coffee powder
I came across quinoa flakes a while ago and have loved it since. I decided to introduce quinoa flakes in my blog via this granola recipe. It’s the simplest and most desirable breakfast in our fast pace lifestyle these days.
How to make Coffee Cheesecake Quinoa Granola Clusters
For this, first I boiled some raw cashew nuts for a minute or so and drained.
Once soft I blended all the ingredients in the blender and folded in quinoa flakes.
Then, I simply spread the batter on the cookie sheet and bake it in a preheated oven stirring once. I also shifted it to the bottom rack of the oven once after 10 minutes.
The most appealing part of this granola is that it is oil free. Hence we get to save some calories from that.
I am super excited to serve this breakfast to my Mom on this special weekend along with some surprises and make her day extra relaxing and fun filled. And I as a mom myself treasure every moment of being a mom and my baby making me proud all the time.
Happy Mother’s Day!!!!!
Coffee Cheesecake Quinoa Granola Clusters
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder (dissolved in 2 tbsp warm water)
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa flakes
- Boil some water in a saucepan and cashew nuts (cashew nuts should be covered with water). Boil for 1 minute and drain.
- In a blender combine all the ingredients (except quinoa flakes) and blend smooth.
- Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit and place a parchment paper on a large cookie sheet.
- Pour the liquid in a large mixing bowl and fold in quinoa flakes.
- Spread the batter on the cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the middle rack of the oven for 10 minutes. Take it out and stir with a spoon by spreading it evenly and breaking the clusters into desired pieces.
- Place the cookie sheet again in the oven at the bottom rack this time and bake for 35 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- Take it out and pour your choice of milk, fruits, and nuts and enjoy!
- This recipes yield 2½ cups granola cluster.
- This granola can be stored in an air tight container for 2 weeks in the room temperature.
(This post contains affiliate links)
I love these clusters – they are perfect for so many reasons. I can’t wait to make them myself now! 🙂
I love this for a quick and healthy breakfast. I have a bit of a sweet tooth so this is right up my alley
This sounds so interesting. I never tried quinoa flakes. I will definitely get those and make this recipe. I love how healthy this is. Perfect breakfast!
Mahy Elamin says
I’ve always wanted to add quinoa to granola! This looks fantastic!