This vegan and gluten free White Chocolate Quinoa Granola is crispy, satisfying and easy to make. It has chocolaty flavor and is mildly sweetened.
As a kid I have been fond of white chocolate. Therefore, I have always wondered as to how to make it. Since I was particular about the absolute taste of white chocolate it took me a while to share this recipe with you.
I made white chocolate from scratch for this recipe. It was a pleasure making white chocolate form scratch. It made me feel happy and complete. I felt a sense of achievement when I finally got the hang of it.
Usually oats are used for granola. However, I prefer quinoa flakes over oats for my granola recipes.
Quinoa flakes are light in texture.
It’s high in protein and has essential amino acids.
Quinoa flakes are versatile and tastes outstanding.
It is one of the best plant-based protein and is gluten free.
Ingredients for vegan White Chocolate Quinoa Granola
Unsalted macadamia nuts
How to make Vegan White Chocolate Quinoa Granola
In the first step I melted the cocoa butter in a nonstick pan. I even tried melting it in the microwave. However, I found that melting cocoa butter in the pan gave me better results.
Then, I combined all the ingredients (except quinoa flakes) in the blender and blended it smooth.
In the meanwhile, I pre heated my oven at 350-degree Fahrenheit.
Thereafter, in a mixing bowl, I tossed the white chocolate with quinoa flakes.
Later, I spread the quinoa nicely on the baking/cookie sheet.
Finally, I placed the sheet in the middle rack of the oven for 10 minutes. Since I did not want clusters for my granola, I took it out and mixed it with a spatula. Then, put it back for 10 minutes. I took the granola out again and mixed it. This time, I put the baking sheet on the top rack for 15 minutes to get the crispy texture of granola.
After turning off my oven, I let it rest inside it for a crispier granola.
When you take it out of the oven after granola is finally done, it is important that you let it cool down completely so that it has the perfect granola texture.
However, I had no patience and I popped in my mouth immediately. Well, I loved it and was even more hungry.
My not so chocolate fan husband went crazy for this Vegan White Chocolate Quinoa Granola. He just snacks on them as is. I enjoy it with cold almond milk.
Since this recipe is good all year round and for all season you don’t have to wait. So, get going with the making of delicious and aromatic chocolaty granola.
Vegan White Chocolate Quinoa Granola
- 3/4 cup cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp plant milk
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- In a nonstick pan melt cocoa butter.
- Preheat oven at 350-degree Fahrenheit.
- In a blender combine melted butter, macadamia nuts, sugar, vanilla and milk. Blend it extremely smooth.
- Now, take quinoa flakes in a mixing bowl and mix in the blended white chocolate.
- Then, on a baking sheet/cookie sheet spoon the quinoa mixture and spread it nicely.
- Put the sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Take it out and mix with a spatula. Put it back in the oven for 10 minutes. Take the sheet out again and mix it with a spatula. Put it back on the top rack of the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Take it out again to mix it. Put it back again for 3-4 minutes on the top rack of the oven.
- Turn off the oven and let granola stay in there for 1-2 minutes to settle down and become crispier.
- Take it out and let it cool completely. Then store in an air tight container in the room temperature.
- Once cooled it will become crispy. It is mildly sweet so feel free to add sweetener in your milk.
- After a day or two the granola may stick. It will tastes awesome if you spread the required amount of granola on a baking sheet and toast it for 2-3 minutes. Do not let it burn. This way granola will freshen up and loosen in texture.
Leanne | Crumb Top Baking says
I love homemade granola, and the quinoa flakes are a delicious addition. White chocolate and macadamia nuts are a wonderful pair! I really need to add this granola to the breakfast rotation!
Cindy Gordon says
That would be great for the diet I am on! This is a really great recipe with tons of flavor!
Renee | The Good Hearted Woman says
I love quinoa in all its forms, and this looks absolutely delicious! I can’t wait to try it!!
Madi Rowan says
I’ve never made anything with quinoa flakes but this looks SO delicious! Thank you so much for sharing! I’m always looking for new plant based breakfast recipes!
-Madi xo |
I absolutely love anything with white chocolate! I cannot wait to try! Beautiful photos!
Wow, this looks so delish and is good for you too. I must try it. Thanks for sharing!
This sounds delish! I would’ve never thought to combine white chocolate and quinoa!
hahaha…its my love for the white chocolate and quinoa so I combined them together into a granola.
You had me intrigued at white chocolate. 🙂 This sounds like a healthy, tasty recipe. Thanks for sharing!
All of those ingredients had me drooling!! I had to make it. Especially loving the macadamia nuts!!
Definitely give it try and do let me know how it turned out for you.
Ursula Herrera says
This looks healthy and so yummy. I love quinoa and I think this recipe will be a hit with my family.
Thank you Ursula. I hope your family enjoys this granola as much as we do in my home.