Vegan Cheese and Parsley Baked Cauliflower is simply an outstanding casserole dish! This rich and cheesy casserole is made with goodness of nuts, herbs and vegetables. Its healthy yet scrumptious and a crowd pleaser.
This casserole recipe is loved by my family especially my extended family.
Usually when it comes to cauliflower there is a general skeptical attitude towards this healthy vegetable. Therefore, I am thrilled to have come up with such delicious cauliflower casserole recipe that everyone in my home just loves it. The best part of this recipe is that they could not figure out the cauliflower as the main ingredient.
The taste of this vegetable is absolutely camouflaged in a way that even kids can love this dish. In return moms can be happy to feed some healthy veggies to the children.
All in all this is a family recipe. Just enjoy it with some grilled asparagus and mashed potatoes or some quinoa. Just sprinkle some crushed chili flakes according to taste and devour every bite of Vegan Cheese and Parsley Baked Cauliflower.
Parsley has a strong aroma and flavor. I am not a big fan of this herb. However I know it has immense nutritional value. But in this recipe I couldn’t taste it as strong and I just loved it.
Finally, I can now enjoy Parsley. I am super happy that I found a way to cook fresh parsley that we can all like it.
How to cook Vegan Cheese and Parsley Baked Cauliflower
- For this, I first boiled some raw cashew nuts. The purpose here was to quickly soften the nuts. Then in a food processor I decided to grind the cheese sauce ingredients into a smooth and creamy paste. This cheese sauce smelled so delicious that it was hard to keep myself away from licking it now and then.
- Well, I controlled myself and combined cauliflower florets, fresh Italian parsley and some salt in a bowl and mixed gently.
- Then, I added very little water to it and microwaved for few seconds. The purpose was to soften the cauliflower and remove the raw taste of it.
- Thereafter, I arranged the cauliflower florets in the baking pan and poured the cheese sauce over it.
- Lastly, topped it with some more fresh parsley and baked it in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Feel free to garnish with more fresh parsley after baking. We aren’t fond of the strong taste of raw parsley so I preferred to cook parsley and served it as is.
- This casserole tastes best when served immediately.
- However, refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight glass container for 2-3 days.
- You may re-bake it in the oven or microwave it.
I can guarantee that Vegan Cheese and Parsley Baked cauliflower will definitely win your hearts.
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below and do not forget to rate this recipe. Also, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram and I will definitely shout it out there. I love to see what you cook in your kitchen.
Vegan Cheese and Parsley Baked Cauliflower
For the cheese sauce
- 2 cups raw cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parley
- Heat water in a saucepan and boil raw cashew nuts until few boils. Turn it off. Drain and let it cool.
- In a blender or a food processor combine all the ingredients of cheese sauce and grind until a thick creamy smooth paste is formed. Keep it aside.
- Preheat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a square or a rectangle baking pan by greasing it well.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cauliflower florets, fresh parsley, salt and ¼ cup water. Mix and microwave for couple of minutes to give it a steam effect.
- Pour the steamed cauliflower in the baking pan. Pour the cheese sauce over it evenly.
- Top it with 1 tbsp. fresh parsley and bake in the middle rack of the oven for 35 -40 minutes or until it starts browning. Turn off the oven and let it stand for couple of minutes.
- Take it out and serve warm with mashed potato and some grilled asparagus. This goes well as a side with quinoa as well.