Tahini Black Beans Fritters are scrumptious yet nutritious everyday snacks or breakfast. These are versatile enough to be consumed as patties over your choice of salad. These fritters taste amazing as sandwiches. However, I enjoy them as is with a vegan yogurt base dip.
My parents are visiting us this month. My mom especially is very fond of black beans. Therefore, I wanted to come up with a recipe including black beans. My idea of this recipe was to create something nutritious and yet light on stomach since the weather is so hot. Hence, we need something easy and quick and enjoyable at the same time. So, obviously, fritters are all time favorite for everyone and its quick too.
We all genuinely enjoyed Tahini Black Beans Fritters. It’s a make – ahead recipe so I made 3 batches of these fritters already and stored in the refrigerator. I make sandwiches out of these for my husband. I enjoy it as patties over my salad. These fritters especially taste amazing with a combination of red onions, cucumber, tomatoes, hummus and some vegan sour cream. My dad enjoyed these with lots of crushed chili flakes. My mom enjoyed with yogurt bade dip.
Tahini Black Beans Fritters are addicting too. Once you get the taste of these, it’s impossible to stop with just one fritter. No flour and nut free snack is surely winner for any season and any occasion.
Ingredients for Tahini Black Beans Fritters
Tahini – It’s rich in many minerals and most importantly helps in liver detoxification.
Black beans – They are rich in folate and fiber. It supports heart health by lowering the cholesterol in blood.
Oregano – This herb has many medicinal properties. It supports skin health and helps build immunity. This herb is also used to treat urinary tract disorders.
Crushed chili flakes
How to make Tahini Black Beans Fritters
For this, I processed some drained black beans along with tahini. You may use store bought tahini or blend your own at home.
Then, I seasoned it with some herbs to enhance the flavors. A little trick to cook these fritters is that you need to wet your hands with water while making them into round shape. Otherwise the batter might stick to your hands and may not drop on the greased pan.
Thereafter, flip over the fritters gently and enjoy.
Tahini Black Beans Fritters
- 1 14oz can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp crushed chili flakes
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Salt as per taste
- In a food processor combine black beans and tahini and pulse until well mashed and blended.
- Spoon out the sticky batter in a large mixing bowl and fold in rest of the ingredients.
- Now, take some water in a small bowl and keep it aside. Heat a nonstick pan and grease it well with a cooking spray.
- Dip your fingers of both hands into water and take a small batch of it between the fingers of both the palms. Shape it roughly to round flat round shape and drop it on the warm pan.
- Let it cook on one side and then gently flip it over to the other side with the help of two spatulas.
- Let it cook until golden brown.
- Repeat the same process as above for the rest of the batter.
- Serve it with some salad.
- Make sure to dip your hands in water for every fritter to avoid sticking in your hands. While dropping the fritters also wet they release better with wet hands.
- These taste amazing with Tajiki sauce as well.
- Use two spatulas to flip over or else the fritter might break. Once slightly cool the fritters will become firm.
- This recipe makes 12 fritters and serving size is 4 fritters per person.
- These fritters are quite small in size unlike patties.