These vegan and gluten free nutritious Strawberry Quinoa Breakfast Bars are an absolute delight. It’s the prefect grab and go breakfast and serves well as a snack for those odd hours.
Instead of store bought bars which are high in sodium and sugar I always prefer making my own bars. It gives me an option to play around with my choice of ingredients and add as much nutrition as possible. These nut free vegan bars are my latest addiction.
The combination of fresh strawberries blended with pure maple syrup and folded into quinoa flakes is outstanding. Simple steps and simple ingredients make these bars all the more desirable.
This time of the year we plan for more outdoor activities especially hiking and marathons. This is the time when we need healthy replenishment to be able to enjoy our sport activities energetically. Even if we are camping we want some quick grab and go snacks.
Keeping the weather and its related activities in mind I came up with Strawberry Quinoa Breakfast Bars.
These bars are calling out to all my health conscious readers who are looking for healthy yet delicious snacks for in between meals to keep up their metabolism. These bars serve well as a pre – workout snack. All in all these are versatile and healthy option for summer and suits every age group’s taste buds.
These are easy to make and no babysitting is required for these bars.
Just whip up the ingredients and put it in the oven. Bake it until done. Let it cool completely before cutting it into slices. Store in the refrigerator and enjoy for the entire week.
The only caveat in this recipe is that I used quite a bit of maple syrup. However, I tried this recipe with many other options and tried some fruit based sweetener. All other sweetener was over powering the flavor of strawberries. I also tried putting half the mentioned sweetener in the recipe. The bars came out bland and needed the extra punch. Therefore, the mentioned combination with the mentioned measurement works best for these bars.
So, go ahead and give it a try. Enjoy summer sports and stay healthy and well replenished!
Strawberry Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- 2 cups roughly chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups quinoa flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a blender combine strawberries, maple syrup, vanilla extract and olive oil. Blend it smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl combine quinoa flakes and salt and set it aside.
- Fold in the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well with a spoon. Set aside and let it soak for few minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare the 8*8 inch square pan with a parchment paper.
- Now, pour the batter into the square pan and spread it evenly.
- Place the baking pan in the middle rack of the oven and bake it for 30 minutes or until the tester comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely and cut into desired pieces. Save the bars in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
- This recipe makes 10 bar pieces and the serving size is 1 bar per person