Sesame Peanut Kelp Noodle Stir Fry Salad is a nutritious and low carb savory side dish. It serves excellent as a side salad or in fresh rolls. These are absolutely gluten free and are a great substitute to traditional noodles. Also if you are following a paleo diet Kelp noodles are a perfect find for you.
When I tried Kelp noodle for the first time few months ago I was not too impressed. However, I loved kelp noodles in fresh roll wraps in one of the parties. So, I decided to give it a try in my own style and make it versatile. I came up with a side salad kelp noodle recipe that tastes great if used in fresh roll/wrap as well.
Initially I had no idea how to handle kelp noodle but after a couple of experiments I got the hang of it. Well, I would specify on the health part of kelp noodle rather than taste in my recipe here.
Ingredients for Sesame Peanut Kelp Noodle Stir Fry Salad
Health benefits of kelp noodles:
Even though kelp noodles is high in iodine content it helps in proper thyroid functioning. It also promotes weight loss due to it being low in carbohydrate and calories. It also reduces inflammation and enhances heart health. Kelp noodle does not contain any cholesterol. It is packed with fiber and other vitamins. It is plant based and is a type of vegetable.
How does kelp noodle tastes.
Kelp noodle basically has a neutral taste and acquires the taste of the dish that is prepared with it. It is crunchy and bland in flavor. Kelp noodle is quite versatile and tastes great in soups as well. It tastes even better when soaked in warm water for 10 minutes and then used as per choice. Its long thread like noodle is easier to handle when cut into small noodles with the help of scissors.
I would recommend you to try kelp noodles if you are on a low carb diet or cutting down on your calories. If you have any other ideas on using kelp noodle please feel free to share it in the comments below. I would love to check on new innovative recipes for kelp noodle.
However, if you get a chance to make this Sesame Kelp Noodle Stir Fry Salad please leave your feedback in the comments below with ratings.
Sesame Peanut Kelp Noodle Stir Fry Salad
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup white of green onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup crushed raw peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 12oz pack of kelp noodles (rinsed)
- Soak the rinsed kelp noodle in warm water for 10 minutes and then drain it. Later trim them with kitchen scissors.
- In the meanwhile heat oil in a wok and add sesame seeds, white of green onions, crushed peanuts and cilantro and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Then, add salt and toss in kelp noodle.
- Now, with the help of tongs mix it well until well blended for 5 minutes.
- Lastly, garnish with green of green onions and some more cilantro. Adjust salt and squeeze few drops of lemon juice and enjoy!
- Make sure to rinse off kelp noodles extremely well. It is crunchy and bland in nature and acquires the taste of the recipe.
- Its a great side dish or a side salad. Also, feel free to use in fresh rolls made from rice paper wraps.