This soft and chewy Papaya Oatmeal Bread Sticks are healthy, nutritious and kid friendly.
I wanted to include papaya and oatmeal into my family’s diet since they have been avoiding these two foods for quite some time so I baked a breakfast bread stick and to my satisfaction they loved their breakfast.
My family didn’t even realize what they were eating and I was able to feed them a healthy and nutritious breakfast.The Papaya Oatmeal Bread Sticks are mildly sweet in flavor and easy to cook. It can be made a day ahead and preserved in the refrigerator.
It can be eaten as snacks in the evening with your tea/coffee. These bread sticks are delicious, healthy and kid friendly.
Papaya Oatmeal Bread Sticks
- 1 cup papaya puree (freshly blended papaya)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey/maple syrup
- 2 tbsp flax oil/olive oil
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare the loaf pan with the cooking spray.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until the knife comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool for few minutes and cut into slices and serve.
- I used 1 whole small ripe papaya and pureed it in the food processor to get the fresh puree.
- This bread is very mildly sweet and goes well with any beverage and is perfect for breakfast.
- The bread sticks can be stored in an air tight container in the the refrigerator for a week.