Mango and Amaranth Smoothie Cake is a unique combination of ingredients. Its a hybrid between a cake and a pudding. It tastes amazingly delicious.
I was craving for a smoothie and a cake so I decided to bake my smoothie.To my surprise Mango and Amaranth Smoothie Cake turned out to be an interesting and healthy dessert.
This dessert tastes amazing with the mango fruit at the top layer.It is a no chocolate cake but yet looks like a chocolate cake. Amaranth is a traditional grain of Mexico.
It is gluten – free food and a source of complete protein. It contains all the essential amino acids.
Mango and Amaranth Smoothie Cake
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mango chunks
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dairy free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cooked and cooled amaranth grains
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare a 9 inch round baking pan with a parchment paper. Keep 1/2 cup chopped mangoes aside to garnish.
- In a blender combine mangoes, milk, vanilla extract, chia seeds, sugar and oil until smooth. Add amaranth to it and blend again until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix walnuts, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake it for 40 minutes.
- The cake will be soft and mushy. Don’t try to cut into pieces or else the cake will fall apart.
- Put the baking pan into the freezer for 30 minutes. Take it out and top it with chopped mangoes. Freeze it gain for 1 hour.
- Take it out and cut into desired pieces and serve chilled.