Frosted Pumpkin Cheesecake Coffee Flax Cookies are not only a lip smacking Halloween treat but is the cutest ever.These vegan cookies are soft and chewy with a variety of flavors infused in just one bite. The creamy pumpkin cheesecake frosting is outstanding and to die for.
I have made Halloween dessert earlier but I think this is the cutest and the most innovative one so far. I am totally in love with these cute Halloween cookies and it’s on my dessert menu for the scariest day! HAHAHHA!!!!!
When I whipped it up I was zapped with its delicious aroma. I couldn’t stop myself from licking it while trying to focus on decorating these nutritious and mouthwatering cookies.
Ingredients for Frosted Pumpkin Cheesecake Coffee Flax Cookies
For the frosting
Vegan Tofutti cream cheese
Pumpkin pie spice mix.
For the cookies
Instant coffee powder
Whole ground flax meal
How to make Pumpkin Cheesecake Frosting
- First, I whipped up the pumpkin puree along with my favorite vegan cream cheese (toffuti).
- Thereafter, I flavored with little sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Doesn’t that sound absolutely attractive?? Well, when this idea came to my mind I had no idea that vegan cream cheese and pumpkin puree could blend so well into such a delicious treat.
- Finally, when it was time to frost the cookies I fell short of the frosting.
Because …..I licked it all 🙂 its sooo irresistible. Luckily I had some more of the ingredients left and so I quickly whipped up another batch of the frosting. This time I worked hard on controlling my fingers to keep them away from my mouth 🙂
How to make Coffee Flax Cookies
- For the cookies, I simply combined flax meal, almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Thereafter, I added mashed bananas, diluted instant coffee, vanilla extract and little oil.
- Afterwards, I mixed up the batter with a spoon and then placed the flat round shaped cookies on the baking sheet.
- Lastly, I baked the cookies in a preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Then, I topped the cookies with the frosting.
Just before serving the kids I decorated these cookies.
Sounds easy ….right? Indeed it the easiest dessert. These Frosted Pumpkin Cheesecake Coffee Flax Cookies are simple to bake and delectable on taste buds.
- Its loaded with omega 3 fatty acid and are packed with protein and other vitamins and minerals. These cookies are guilt free indulgence.
- These cookies taste best when consumed the same day. However, they stay good for couple of days at the room temperature.
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feed in the comment below and also rate the recipe. You may also tag @kiipfit on Instagram and I will definitely shout it out there.
Frosted Pumpkin Cheesecake Coffee Flax Cookies is not only a lip smacking Halloween treat but is the cutest ever.These vegan cookies are soft and chewy with a variety of flavors infused in just one bite. The creamy pumpkin cheesecake frosting is outstanding and to die for.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp vegan tofutti cream cheese (plain)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup whole ground flax meal
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 banana (mashed)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp olive oil
In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients of the frosting and whip it very well. Keep it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
In a small bowl dissolve coffee powder in water and keep it aside.
Preheat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl combine ground flax meal, almond flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well with a spoon until no lumps are left.
Now fold in dissolved coffee, mashed bananas, vanilla extract and olive oil into the flax mixture. Mix it very well. (I prefer to mix it with hands for even mixing).
Now divide the cookie dough into 14 equal parts and place the round balls on the prepared cookie sheet. Gently press each ball in the middle with the fingers to flatten a bit.
Place the cookie sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
Take out the sheet and let the cookies cool completely. Now, generously top the cookies with the pumpkin cheesecake frosting. Enjoy them as is or decorate with your choice of icing for Halloween.
These cookies tastes best when consumed the same day. However, they stay good for couple of days at the room temperature.