I am contributor to Life’s Little Sweet and this recipe first appeared on there as Cherry Oatmeal Pancakes.
These soft, fluffy and nutritious Cheery Oatmeal Vegan Pancakes are delectable to the taste buds. These pancakes are made with real ingredients and are super easy to make. In just few minutes a mouthwatering and family friendly breakfast/brunch gets ready. These pancakes are worth devouring every bite and you would crave for more.
Cherry Oatmeal Vegan Pancakes
Pancakes are my family’s favorite morning meal. Therefore, I always try to create a new variety of pancakes. Of course I like to cook them from scratch and hence my pancakes are always made out of fresh and real ingredients. This time I chose cherries for my pancakes. My little one loves cherries and can munch on it all day. So, I got an idea to try Cherry Oatmeal Pancakes.
Even though these pancakes look slightly different in color and texture from the regular ones but I must say they turned out outstanding. The combination of ingredients blended extremely well bringing out the delicious flavor of fresh cherries along with fiber rich oatmeal. I love drizzling lots of maple syrup over my pancakes so I made its batter little less sweet. This gave an opportunity to literally bathe them in maple syrup. To top it all with a dollop of vegan whipped cream these pancakes were even more desirable. These pancakes are perfect breakfast that satisfies your sweet tooth as well.
Ingredients for Cherry Oatmeal Vegan Pancakes
Kitchen Tools for Cherry Oatmeal Vegan Pancakes
A food processor/bender
A cutting board
A large mixing bowl
A whisk/large spoon
A crepe pan
A flat spatula
I love the fact that we can enjoy pancakes in any season. They are quick, easy and filling morning meal especially if made out of healthy ingredients. Many a times I make extra batch of pancakes and refrigerate them to be used over the weekdays. I simply warm it up either in the pan or in a microwave and serve it with fruits and syrup to my little one before dropping her off to school.
I am sure you will love these pancakes and crave for more and more!!!!!!!
Cherry Oatmeal Vegan Pancakes
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plant/dairy free milk
- In a blender/food processor combine cherries, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Crush roughly and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oat flour, baking soda and salt. Mix very well with a spoon.
- Now, pour the cherry mixture and mix.
- Then, add milk and whip the batter. It will be a thick batter. For a thinner consistency add ¾ cup milk and then whip it up until all the ingredients are well blended and no lumps are left.
- Warm a griddle/nonstick pan and grease it.
- Pour 1 -1 ½ tbsp. of the batter in a round shape and let it cook until golden brown and the sides are dry. Flip it over with a spatula and cook again until golden in color.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the batter.
- Serve the pancakes warm with lots of maple syrup, fresh cherries and whipped cream.
- For a thinner consistency add 3/4 cup pf plant milk instead of 1/2 cup
- this recipe makes 8 pancakes and the serving size is 2 pancakes per person.