These soft and chewy Banana Hazelnut Cookies are absolutely delight to the sweet tooth. It’s easy to bake and perfect for any occasion.
Ripe bananas mashed with honey and combined with hazelnut meal and baked into cookies. I simply love the combination. 🙂
I love the aroma of the fresh baked cookies and if I get a chance to bite a cookie immediately out of the oven its mind blowing.
Ingredients for Banana Hazelnut Cookies
I had some bananas that were ripe and I wanted to see the outcome of any dessert with hazelnut meal.
So I combined the both and created this dessert. These cookies are very easy to bake and I used the ingredients that I had at home.
Also the cookies vanished in couple of days and there was a demand for more. 🙂 I was super excited to bake another batch of these.
These cookies are quite special to me because this recipe is approved by my daughter who is quite a picky eater.
It’s usually difficult to get any recipe approved by her but she loved Banana Hazelnut Cookies and finished the whole batch.
In fact she had her meals with these cookies and I was happy because these are healthy and nutritious cookies.
The most happy and funny moment was when daddy bear and baby bear were fighting for the last cookie. I could not stop laughing that my husband had become a child at that time. 🙂
My family truly appreciated the cookies and I would say that this recipe is a Must Try!
You may like this vegan version of Banana Hazelnut Protein Bars.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram .
Banana Hazelnut Cookies
- 2 cups hazelnut meal/flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large over ripe banana
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- Preheat oven at 370 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare a cookie sheet with a liner and slightly grease it.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl combine bananas, honey and vanilla extract. Mash it with a fork or hand. I prefer mashing bananas with hand to make sure it’s properly mashed.
- Mix the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and mix roughly with a spoon.
- Add the whipped eggs to the batter and mix well with a spoon.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter onto the cookie sheet for 20 cookies.
- Put it in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let it cool for a while and serve with your favorite beverage.
- The above recipe yields 20 cookies and the serving size is 2 cookies per person.
- These cookies can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for couple of days.
- For vegan option - Banana Hazelnut Protein Bars
Suman karmick says
Suman karmick says