This Baked Paneer In Pumpkin Sauce is a lip smacking appetizer made with delicious ingredients. Its easy and a crowd pleaser!
Last weekend we went for a trip to pumpkin farm which is 1 hour drive from our house. It was so much fun seeing my little one enjoying the pumpkins.
She was trying to select the pumpkins for me and was super excited with the concept of decorating pumpkins in our patio for Halloween. We carved couple of pumpkins and she could not control her excitement.
I was amazed with her participation in the activity which encouraged me to come up with Baked Paneer in Pumpkin Sauce recipe.
Now that I have so many pumpkins, I had to use them so I first digged my knife into one of the pumpkins without any thoughts in my mind. I decided to soften it and eventually made a puree out it.
I was still unsure as to what should I do with this pumpkin puree. I opened my refrigerator and saw panner/cottage cheese sitting in my refrigerator shelf. I started cutting the paneer into triangle pieces.
With no thoughts in my mind I added some spices to the pumpkin puree, marinated paneer and baked them.
I was not sure about the outcome and was skeptical. I did not even have the guts to taste it though it looked quite beautiful. I offered the Baked Paneer in Pumpkin Sauce appetizer to my husband without telling him any details.
He was super happy with the taste and complimented me for my innovative creation. I was delighted and tasted it myself. The dish turned out to be not only rich in taste but also full of flavor. I could not stop smiling at my creation :).
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings.
Baked Paneer in Pumpkin Sauce
- 1 14 oz pack of paneer ( Indian cottage cheese)
- 1 cup heaped pumpkin puree
- 5/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven at 375 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare a cookie sheet with a parchment paper and lightly grease it with cooking spray.
- Cut Paneer into slightly thick triangles and keep it aside.
- In a bowl combine rest of the ingredients.
- Add Paneer to the pumpkin mix and mix gently.
- Let it marinate for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the Paneer pieces to the prepared cookie sheet and put it in the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake it for 30 minutes.
- Bake it out, garnish with some cilantro and serve hot.