These Soft and Chewy Apple Oatmeal Cupcakes with Vegan Vanilla Frosting is absolutely a perfect fall dessert. Even though it is a treat it is made with all the healthy ingredients.
Apples are back in season and we have been enjoying this beautiful red, delicious juicy fruit as is because we can’t get enough of it ever.
Along with this the baking season has also come back and in many places it’s time to turn on the oven and get started with some baking activities again.
I welcomed this wonderful fall season with my baked creation, Apple Oatmeal Cupcakes with Vegan Vanilla Frosting. Its yum and yum and only yum. That’s how I can describe this mind boggling recipe.
The combination of macadamia nuts and fresh coconut blended with some sweetener emerged in my food processor as soft, fluffy and snowy like texture which Yashvi and I couldn’t stop licking. Thankfully I had my presence of mind to make extra and saved on time. Hahahhaha. 🙂
How to make Apple Oatmeal Cupcakes with Vegan Vanilla Frosting
In the first step I combined apples with maple syrup in a nonstick pan and sauteed until they release their juices. Once, cooled I blended the cooked apples.
Next, I combined all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
In another bowl, I combined all the wet ingredients.
Thereafter, I tossed in dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
Lastly, I baked these cupcakes in the prepared muffin tray and placed them in the preheated oven.
Once the cupcakes were baked and cooled I topped it with the frosting.
My whole house was filled with its delicious and tempting aroma.
I enjoyed the decoration part of these cupcakes though I kept it simple. So that if you plan to bake these cupcakes with your little helpers (children) it’s easy for all to make this recipe with minimum mess.
My 3 year old decided to help me and lost control over the pastry decoration so she filled the top of the cupcakes with big spoon and sprinkled the chopped apples. Less time consumption, less cleaning and more fun. 🙂
You may feel free to decorate these cupcakes with your desired sprinkles but the chopped fresh apples on these cupcakes definitely enhances the taste.
It also gives this recipe a bite of freshness. 🙂 . HAPPY BAKING!!!!!!
Apple Oatmeal Cupcakes with Vegan Vanilla Frosting
For the frosting
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts (soaked overnight and drained)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (fresh/frozen)
- 2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp flax/olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack)
For the cupcake
- 1 whole apple (deseeded and chopped)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp whole ground flax meal
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 cups oats flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 medium bananas (pureed)
- 1 tbsp flax/olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- In a blender/food processor combine all the frosting ingredients and blend smooth.
- Refrigerate the frosting until ready to use.
- Soak flax meal in water for 10 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick pan and combine apples and maple syrup. Cook uncovered for 4-5 minutes or until apples are soft. Turn off the flame and let it cool. Once the apples are cooled, grind it smooth in a food processor.
- In the meantime preheat the oven at 375 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a muffin tray by greasing it and placing muffin liner.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients for the cupcakes and mix with a spoon.
- In another bowl combine all the wet ingredients including the blended apples, pureed bananas and soaked flax meal and mix well.
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whip very well.
- Now pour the batter (about 2 tbsp.) in each muffin cup. The batter should be filled to the top of the liner.
- Place the tray in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the tester comes out clean (Do not overcook and its ok if the tester comes out with little crumbs).
- Let it cool in the muffin tray.
- Lastly, top the muffins with the frosting with the help of butter knife or pastry decorator and garnish with finely chopped apples and enjoy.
- Puree the bananas in the food processor instead of mashing with hands.
- 1 large apple yields about 1 ½ cups chopped apple.
- Left over cupcakes can be refrigerated in an air tight container for 2-3 days.
- If you plan to use frozen shredded coconut make sure to thaw properly.
- Flax seeds can also be used instead of flax meal. In this case grind the dry flax seeds and then soak in the water in the same measurements as mentioned above in the recipe.