4 Ingredient Quinoa Flakes Mango Pudding is a combination of health and taste. It’s made of fresh fruit and protein rich quinoa. The ingredients blend excellently and give an outstanding flavorful summer dessert. This dessert is loaded with vitamin C, fiber ad protein and is super easy to make.
4 Ingredient Quinoa Flakes Mango Pudding as the name suggests requires easily available few ingredients and takes only 10 minutes to be cooked. Thereafter, leave it to chill. Therefore, it is a make ahead dessert recipe and no babysitting required as well. The simple trick to bring out delicious flavor is to choose ripe mangoes in the store. The sweetness will depend a lot on the type of mangoes.
Simple ingredients for 4 Ingredient Quinoa Flakes Mango Pudding
I used unsweetened tetra pack coconut milk for two reasons:
– My preference is always for a low calorie dessert
– I like the lightened texture and not so overwhelming taste of the milk.
However, feel free to use any dairy free milk in this recipe. The taste would be the same.
Instead of regular quinoa I used quinoa flakes to mellow down the flavor of quinoa and bring out the prominent taste of mango. If we use regular quinoa the taste of this pudding would be quite strong and quinoa would be more prominent. Quinoa flakes on the other hand is more subtle in flavor and more versatile.
The most important ingredient in this pudding is the mango. Make sure to buy ripe and soft mangoes. If your mangoes are hard and not ripe you may have to add more water to blend and also add more sweeteners. However, if you use ripe mangoes this dessert will be naturally sweetened. Also, frozen chopped mangoes can be used for this recipe. Just make sure to bring it to the room temperature.
Mangoes are in the season and anything with mangoes is super refreshing. My family loves mangoes and we consume it in many forms. However, I made mango pudding for the first time. As I always intend to add nutrition to my dessert recipes I tweaked it by adding quinoa flakes and made it even more wholesome.
4 Ingredient Quinoa Flakes Mango Pudding
- 2 cups chopped mangoes (fresh/frozen)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack)
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- In a blender combine mangoes, maple syrup and water. Blend it smooth.
- Pour the blended mango in a saucepan and warm it on a medium flame.
- As soon as it warms up stir in coconut milk for few seconds.
- At the first boil add quinoa flakes and stir vigorously so that there are no lumps.
- At this stage feel free to adjust sweetener as per your taste.
- Lower the flame and continue stirring the pudding for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and spoon the pudding into the serving glasses/bowls.
- Then place them in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Garnish with more chopped mangoes and serve chilled.
- Make sure your mangoes are soft and ripe.
- If you use frozen chopped mangoes make sure to bring it to room temperature before blending.