Vegan Chopped Salad with Chickpea Sour Cream Dressing
Vegan Chopped Salad with Chickpea Sour Cream Dressing is a sumptuous way to include protein in your diet. Its made with pantry staples. Its nutritious, healthy and satisfying at the same time.
For the dressing
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas (drained)
- 1 1/2 cups aquafaba (chickpea water)
- 1 tbsp vegan sour cream
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp crushed chili flakes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
for the salad
- 3 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced/squared radish
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
In a blender combine all the ingredients of the dressing and blend it smooth.
Now, assemble all the salad ingredients in a salad bowl and toss in the dressing.
Adjust salt, chili flakes and lemon juice according to taste and enjoy.
- You can use any salad ingredients of your choice. Steamed broccoli also goes well in this salad.
- Feel free to add some boiled pasta to make it a wholesome meal.
- Roasted Brussels sprouts also tastes good in this salad.
- This salad dressing can be made ahead of time and refrigerated in a glass container for 4-5 days.
- I have the link to my homemade vegan sour cream in the recipe. However, you may use store bough sour cream if desired.
Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 81mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 182IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg