Instant Pot Pasta Fagioli Soup
Instant Pot Pasta Fagioli Soup is a delicious blend of pasta and beans in a tomato base soup. Its warm, hearty and a must for family dinner!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped colored bell peppers ( green + red )
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 15oz canned cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup dry black eyes peas
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red chili flakes
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 cup elbow shaped pasta (regular/whole grain/gluten free)
Turn on your instant pot at saute mode (default
setting) and heat oil in it.
Add garlic, oregano and basil in it and mix for about 30 seconds.
Immediately toss in onions and cook until translucent. (Do not overcook onions)
Add tomatoes, tomato paste and sugar. Saute
until tomatoes are mushy. Crush the tomatoes with your spatula as much as
Now add bell peppers and carrots, mix and saute for about 30 seconds.
Add cannellini beans and black eyed peas and mix well.
Now add vegetable stock, pepper, crushed chili
flakes and salt. Stir and close the lid. Seal the valve and change the setting
to chili/beans mode (default setting). Let it pressure cook.
Once done, release the pressure and open the
lid. Stir in dry pasta. Change the setting of your instant pot once again to sauté
mode (default setting). Let it cook until pasta is soft and well cooked.
- This recipe tastes best when consumed immediately.
- For fridge option: refrigerate it before adding pasta to the soup. It stays good for about 5-6 days. Whenever ready to use the soup boil the pasta separately as per the package instructions and add to the warmed-up soup.
- Different vessel variation: This recipe can be cooked in a stock pot or a Dutch oven. Follow until step 6. Then add vegetable stock along with the seasonings. At medium flame cook the soup covered until black eyed peas soften. In the meanwhile, cook pasta separately and keep it ready. As soon as the beans are soft and soup is cooked toss in pasta. Turn off the flame, adjust salt and serve immediately.
- I have provided step wise images in the post above.
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1410mg | Potassium: 204mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 842IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg