Cilantro Tofu Soup
This Asian flavored Cilantro Tofu Soup is a healthy and lip smacking clear soup. Its low in calories and high on taste. Being vegan and gluten free this soup fits into almost all diets and takes only about 15 minutes from start to finish.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup extra firm chopped tofu (drained)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
In a sauce pan heat oil and add cilantro. Saute for 30 seconds.
Add carrots and broccoli and saute for another 30 seconds.
Add tofu and saute again for 30 seconds to one minute.
Add vegetable broth, soy sauce, black pepper, lemon juice and salt.
Cook uncovered on medium flame for 5-7 minutes.
Serve warm and garnish with more chopped cilantro.
Variation: For oil free version skip the oil and sauteing. Just boil the vegetable broth and add all the ingredients until done. The vegetables should be soft but chewy.
- Feel free to adjust lemon juice as per your taste. If you like your soup to be on a tangy side add few extra drops of lemon juice to it.
- This soup tastes best when served immediately. However, it can be refrigerated for 1-2 days. Juts warm it up nicely before serving.
Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1210mg | Potassium: 36mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 571IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg