No Bake Almond Butter Flax Bars
These chewy No Bake Almond Butter Flax Bars are nutrient rich on-the-go-snack. These are grain free + dates free + Omega 3 rich along with being high in fiber.
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups whole ground flaxmeal
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds (for garnishing)
In a large bowl combine almond butter and maple syrup and whip them well until smooth.
In another bowl combine whole ground flax meal and salt. Mix well with a spoon.
Pour the liquid ingredients into the flax meal mixture and mix lightly. Then with the help of your hands make sticky dough like batter.
Take a rectangular or square 8 inches dish and cover it with parchment paper.
Spoon the batter onto the prepared dish and spread it evenly with your palms by pressing the batter gently
Top it with slivered almonds and freeze for 25 minutes or until it is nicely set.
Take it out of the freezer. Gently, take out the parchment paper out the pan and place it on a flat surface. With a sharp knife cut into desired bar sizes and enjoy.
- Store these bars in the refrigerator in an air tight container for almost 2 weeks.
- I would insist on using fresh ground almond butter to get the fresh and chewy texture. However, if you use bottled almond butter the nutritional values may differ depending on the almond butter.
- This recipe makes 10 soft and chewy bars.
- The total time to make these bars are 15 minutes + freeze time 25 minutes. Therefore, the final time for these bars is 40 minutes
Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 143mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 0.5mg